• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Flying Clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Burke

What is the whole deal behind them? There was one at Whidbey and they had a few birds but what's the whole deal with it? Is it a place where Naval Aviators can get free parking space for their own planes or does the MWR own them? Can pilots go and fly them in their spare time on their own dime and rack up extra hours or something?

Mahler

They're just like any other FBO that you can go get flight instruction or just rent a plane for a few hours. The only difference is you have to be in the military (I think on active duty, but I could be wrong) to rent there. The ones I've looked at are also much cheaper than a civilian FBO.

James

Jeff29

Science Project
Generally, you do not have to be military to be an instructor. As far as flying, I think you have to be active, reserve, retired, or dependent.

I am considering getting a few hours while I'm waiting next month. Unfortunately, the Navy Flying Club in P-Cola has a $250 initiation fee, so I'm looking at other places in the area. Anyone have any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.