• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAVET reserve affiliation / resignation

PEPfromage

Nursing the gout.
pilot
CNP issued a NAVADMIN yesterday that gives Navy (and other service) veterans who affiliate with SELRES a 1-year involuntary mobilization deferral if they affiliate more than 6 months after separation from active-duty. Those who affiliate inside of 6 months are still entitled to a 2-year involuntary mobilization deferral.

When joining active-duty, I felt comfortable knowing what the minimum service commitment was. For the reserves (Reference: BUPERSINST 1001.39F), I am a little less certain, and hoping someone on here might be able to help clarify for me. Provided you have not taken an affiliation bonus, have already met your 8 year minimum service obligation (MSO) on active-duty, and provided that you have not been notified of a pending mobilization, can you resign your commission in the reserves at any time? Any caveats there aside from the obvious war-time scenario?

Prior to signing on again, I want to make sure I fully understand the exit policy should family, civilian career, etc drive a future change of heart.

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
Just be sure to drop prior to 18 months of your 24 month deferral if you don’t want to Mob. They will give you orders on month 18 for your mob starting at month 25!

PEPfromage

Nursing the gout.
pilot
So once you're inside of that last 6 months of mobilization deferral, beware of them hitting you with mobilzation orders before you have had a chance to put in a resignation. Hopefully will not ever be an issue, but that is good to know - thank you.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So once you're inside of that last 6 months of mobilization deferral, beware of them hitting you with mobilzation orders before you have had a chance to put in a resignation. Hopefully will not ever be an issue, but that is good to know - thank you.
Take the King’s coin, do the King’s bidding. Don’t want to MOB when your dwell is up? Drop to the VTU. Them’s the rules.

NUFO06

None
I got the involuntary mob call last week. It was a def kick in the nuts. Leaving 3 months before my deferment is up. One year ticket to the show ?‍♂️. Is the list of available officers really that short?

SlickAg

pilot
I got the involuntary mob call last week. It was a def kick in the nuts. Leaving 3 months before my deferment is up. One year ticket to the show ?‍♂️. Is the list of available officers really that short?
You waived your sanctuary?

nodropinufaka

Did you just affiliate from active duty?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wait, your RLD is before your deferment is up? They can MOB you on deferment + 1 day, notifying you 6 months prior. But if you’re no-shit getting told to report to ECRC before your deferment is up, raise that with your CoC because that’s not supposed to happen.

They did that to me, and it was because RESFOR screwed up. I took the MOB and waived my deferment, because it was one of those unicorn cool MOBs. But my NOSC skipper flat-out told me I had a get-out-of-jail-free card. If I didn’t want to go, he’d have called Norfolk and told them to check my MAS code.

TL;DR, deferment is deferment. They can notify you, but not actually MOB you.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

^^This, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to tag you before your deferment is up but Nittany is right.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Did you wife post some stuff on FB regarding your MOB? If not, you're not the only one as my wife was showing me a similar story via a spouse FB group.

NUFO06

None
Wait, your RLD is before your deferment is up? They can MOB you on deferment + 1 day, notifying you 6 months prior. But if you’re no-shit getting told to report to ECRC before your deferment is up, raise that with your CoC because that’s not supposed to happen.

They did that to me, and it was because RESFOR screwed up. I took the MOB and waived my deferment, because it was one of those unicorn cool MOBs. But my NOSC skipper flat-out told me I had a get-out-of-jail-free card. If I didn’t want to go, he’d have called Norfolk and told them to check my MAS code.

I was told by a gentleman at SOCOM they had the green light to MOB me. But yes, my deferment is up next April and my report to NIACT date is in Jan. If I tried to make a stink about it would they just wait 3 months and then send me or would they replace me all together? Or would it piss off the wrong people by complaining about leaving 3 months early? If I have to go, I would rather leave in Jan then April so I am back by Christmas.