• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Naval Swords in San Diego

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
I would think Premium is a steel ready to hack and slash with while the Non Premium is some thing softer that is meant for appearances only.

Notanaviator

Contributor
Tell them they'll soon get their share of the war loot so they shouldn't worry about the cost.

Funny you should mention that, Stork actually has a couple in his Mom’s basement you can borrow.

Attachments

• 77D648D1-C4A7-439A-B2BF-FF300E552858.jpeg
    77D648D1-C4A7-439A-B2BF-FF300E552858.jpeg
    29.9 KB · Views: 10

snake020

Contributor
Slight thread jack - want to get a quality sword mostly for display purposes, and for use in rare ceremonial occasions. Marlow White offers one for $319 versus $550 at NEX and $672 at Vanguard. Any gouge on what's good?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Slight thread jack - want to get a quality sword mostly for display purposes, and for use in rare ceremonial occasions. Marlow White offers one for $319 versus $550 at NEX and $672 at Vanguard. Any gouge on what's good?
Check to see if you can find out what they're made of. Mine is a Wilkinson, which you can't get anymore, but the reason I went with it was the grip was real fish-skin, not that knobby cheap plastic crap that tears up your hands, and they built it and proofed it like they did back when they used to make real combat swords in the 19th century. Notable increase in quality versus the other stuff that was available then, and I got to pick my sword as a commissioning present anyway.

Alas, the bean counters of Merry Olde England have decreed that Wilkinson stick to shaving razors now, but I'd bet that there may be a material difference in those three brands. Or Vanguard is just pulling a Bates and price gouging people; that also wouldn't entirely surprise me.

Edit: a bored click seems to show Marlow White is offering the ray-skin grip on theirs for an extra $150. Looks like they get theirs through WKC, which is a German bladesmith. There used to also be reputable bladesmiths in Toledo, Spain as I recall. Bet the NEX is lowest-bidder.

Last edited:

Renegade One

None
Getting the proper length for your height is more important than a skin grip or weapon-quality steel. These are rarely used and for "parade" purposes only. Get the proper length at the lowest cost you can find.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Getting the proper length for your height is more important than a skin grip or weapon-quality steel. These are rarely used and for "parade" purposes only. Get the proper length at the lowest cost you can find.
You can get shit-quality NEX uniforms and drink Coors Light, too, but quality is still a thing.