• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Naval Officer Recruiter Role in Your Application.

Cntull94

Jags&noles
How much influence does your Naval Officer Recruiter have on your OCS application? Im just curious if they can actually recommend recruits for ocs based off interactions throughout the recruiting process. Considering an applicants application is also competitive.

BackOrdered

Contributor
How much influence does your Naval Officer Recruiter have on your OCS application? Im just curious if they can actually recommend recruits for ocs based off interactions throughout the recruiting process. Considering an applicants application is also competitive.

Someone can fact check me as it has been a hot minute since I interacted with a NRD, but I was told if you really crapped the bed with the NRD in the process, they will play whatever game they want to make the process painful if not impossible. A phone call from the NRD OIC about an applicant's disrespect or unprofessionalism will hurt, but I'm referring to extreme cases. The NRD I dealt with was very professional and did their job. I also observed it was a buyer's market for the NRD even during the Iraq war build up. My job then was to impress upon the NRD I was worth their time.

Last edited:

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Someone can fact check me as it has been a hot minute since I interacted with a NRD, but I was told if you really crapped the bed with the NRD in the process, they will play whatever game they want to make the process painful if not impossible. A phone call from the NRD OIC about an applicant's disrespect or unprofessionalism will hurt, but I'm referring to extreme cases. The NRD I dealt with was very professional and did their job. I also observed it was a buyer's market for the NRD even during the Iraq war build up. My job then was to impress upon the NRD I was worth their time.
This is true of anything in or outside the military. If you show your ass, then no one will want to help you. If you work hard, do your due diligence and put the effort in, everyone will work hard to help you.

That being said, AW doesn't have any bearing, or I'd have been gone long ago... :eek:
All that matters is your stats, resume and actual character.