• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Naval Academy Grads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Fowler

bc-spthdr-m-footbl.gif

Let's go Eagles!! :D

2-0 to the Yanks, WHO'S YOUR DADDY MEXICO???

Ray

Man, now I feel old. Troyv is right. The quicker the better. And the med stuff is a pain in the ass so do that asap. I didn't go to summer seminar though. I don't know if it was good or bad. But I always saw them around. I could have done summer seminar detail, but I did plebe detail instead. More work, but more fun. Good luck to all of you.

--Ray
USNA '01

VT-22 T-45A TS
Currently: Phase 1/Mod 1

jmantel02

The SAT can make or break you. USNA loves to brag about its high SAT scores, and they are a good way to level the playing field for applicants that went through more rigorous high school programs.

-JMA
USNA '02

viv

Midshipman 4/Trash
Hey Future Aviators -

Troyv- Which Summer Seminar session did you attend?? I was session 2, Alpha deuce-deuce. By the way, congrats on your appointment.

Just a word of advice to all you candidates: apply for an NROTC scholarship!
I am a current high school senior from Georgia. I run track, cross country, and play soccer. I rank 70th in a class of 560. I also got a 1400 on the SAT and a 33 on the ACT. I'm also pretty active with clubs and volunteer work. You'd think that I would hear back from the academy soon, but it is not the case.
I finished my USNA application in August, got my congressional nomination in December, and I still haven't heard a single word back from admissions regarding my status. However, I did talk to an admissions counselor who said that the class was only about 50 percent full so far. Luckily I got an NROTC scholarship back in November. It has really given me some peace-of-mind. If I don't get into the Academy, I'll surely re-apply in college. If I still don't get in, at least I can get a commission through NROTC.

email me if you wanna talk : vivekphs@hotmail.com
or AIM : vivekphs

GO NAVY BEAT ARMY

T.M.Gray

Charley, Dan and other USNA applicants,
Your best back-up is not NROTC. It is USMMA (Merchant Marine Academy). See my post "America's Best Kept Secret" under Academy in this forum. It is the surest way to Pensacola.
T.M.Gray

jdshlsesq

Good luck with the Academy!! I applied my senior year of high school and would have gotten in had it not been for my math SAT score being so low. I had attended the USNA Summer Seminar, gotten my Congressional nomination, as well as the nomination from my high school (I went to an Honors with Distinction military high school), but the math SAT kept me out of USNA. I am now pursuing my commission in the Marine Corps through the PLC-Aviation program instead. Best of luck to you with your USNA application.
Semper Fi!
J. David Smith, Jr.

acenavy

I am in the class of '05. I had a 4.2 GPA. I took 5 AP courses. I worked 40 hours a week and ran varsity track. I was a US Naval Sea Cadet and I was an editor for my school yearbook.

WannaBEaP3gal

For the love god children, not only should you do that summer seminar thing to find out if you want to go there, But also, go spend a weekend at a state college to see what you might be missing out on as well!!!

-a very happy NROTC MIDN

jbe120

My brother got into the academy with like a 3.2 gpa and a 1160, but was getting recruited to play a sport at the Academy. If you are any good at football or wrestling it makes it a whole lot easier to get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.