• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAS Jax PFA questions

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
My recruiter informed me that I will be taking the PRT next Friday at NAS Jax (damn long drive) and I just want to confirm a few things, as he is unsure about the specifics.

First of all, can anyone point out on the base map where Perimeter Rd. is? All i've been told is that is where we will meet, but I can't seem to find it on this map. He tried to give me some directions, but having never been there i'd like to have a rough idea of where I need to be.

Second, he said they 'usually' start at 0830 and I just wanted to make sure this is still the case. I don't want to drive up there and find out it was at 0730.

Third, do I need to bring anything besides my ID? I was planning on bringing a copy of my PARFQ and SF600 forms just in case.

Also, this isn't really PFA related but would I be allowed to bring my girlfriend (non-dependent civilian) on the base with me? I hear this rule varies between bases, but since I've gotta drive up there we were planning on making a day of it. It'll also be my first time on a base so i'd like to check it out a bit.

My last PFA was done locally with my recruiter and i'm not really sure who the point of contact would be regarding this in JAX, but I figured someone on here would know. Thank you!

helo_wifey

I'm not sure where Perimeter Rd is...but you should be able to get your GF on without issue. We've taken non-mil family members on base, you just show your ID and have your car with the decal and you should be fine.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
I'm not sure where Perimeter Rd is...but you should be able to get your GF on without issue. We've taken non-mil family members on base, you just show your ID and have your car with the decal and you should be fine.

I don't have a decal for my car, never even thought about that. I wonder if that might raise any issues. Thanks for the info though. I guess this is the one minor pitfall to being in BDCP. I'm active duty so people expect me to know these things, and i'm sure if I said "I'm in the BDCP program" the majority would have no idea what it was. :p

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
You can just go to pass and tag and they'll hook you up with a pass. They supposedly have new hours, so that might be a crapshoot. Show up early with your ID and ask the gate guards and they can point you to perimeter RD, but my understanding is that it is the road you see when you're driving north on Roosevelt along the fenceline. Getting to it...not so sure of.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
If you go in the main gate, which is Yorktown, where Pass and Tag is located, take a right at the first light onto Alleghney. Go through the next light (Birmingham) and make a right on Swan. From there you're forced to make a left or right on the perimeter road. I think the name is Patrol or something like that but it's just known as the perimeter road. Make a left and probably a quarter mile down on the left will be several places to park. The PFA should go down within 200 yards or so of that spot.

I think the new hours at pass and tag are 0730 to 1500 but I could be wrong on that.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
Great, thank you very much! I guess I should plan on driving up the night before to prevent taking the test after waking up at 5am for a 2.5 hour drive. I'd rather get there an hour early just in case, unless someone here will be taking the PFA in JAX that day and knows the exact time.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Make sure you bring a copy of your current insurance as well for the Pass and Tag Nazi's.