• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Updates

BourneID

pilot
If you've paid the $1200 ($100 a month for the first year of enlistment when I joined), you can start using your GI Bill after 3 years of continous service.

I fixed that for you, we don't want to steer the young lad in the wrong direction.

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
I suspect that you know this but doing your job and doing it well is the number one most important thing when going up for boards and putting your package in. I had failing grades, couldn't account for but 32 credits of my 60+ and had put my package together in two days and still got picked up as an alternate. I didn't have my PPL or was I trying to obtain it, but I was going to school full time and had awesome recommendations, high interview marks, and a strong personal statement. I suggest you work on being the most bad ass mother in your command so that there is no question who's going to recommend you or what your interview marks are going to be, then go to school as much as you can, and last do your PPL.

I am only one persons voice out of many, but my package was all fudged up and I still got selected because of my record. Remember as as Naval Aviator your job is not just flying, but mainly being an Officer.

BourneID

pilot
I suspect that you know this but doing your job and doing it well is the number one most important thing when going up for boards and putting your package in. I had failing grades, couldn't account for but 32 credits of my 60+ and had put my package together in two days and still got picked up as an alternate. I didn't have my PPL or was I trying to obtain it, but I was going to school full time and had awesome recommendations, high interview marks, and a strong personal statement. I suggest you work on being the most bad ass mother in your command so that there is no question who's going to recommend you or what your interview marks are going to be, then go to school as much as you can, and last do your PPL.

I am only one persons voice out of many, but my package was all fudged up and I still got selected because of my record. Remember as as Naval Aviator your job is not just flying, but mainly being an Officer.

But if you wish enough, and make E-5 quick, maybe the Flying CWO program will still be around and all you will have to worry about is flying.