• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

my 2 cents

RussBow6

1st - check out stew smith on military.com
ex-SEAL. enough said. guy's the man....

everyone's body is different but here's whats working for me and maybe it'll help someone else

diet is #1... dont eat anything out of a package... its all processed and not good for you. dont stuff yourself, portion control, eat 6 times a day instead of 3. smaller plate sizes to trick your brain. fruit, veggies, oatmeal, meat (salmon, chicken), almonds are god's gift. just be smart... if you think its not good for you, your right and dont eat it ha.
drink water, seltzer if you need to mix it up and powdered gatorade after some intense sweating.

sleep #2... get sleep at night its worth it and your body needs it... unless Lost is on tv then you can stay up and watch... starting on wednesday jan21!!!

i lifted all through college with the goal of being a better baseball player... so the goal was to get big and be able to run 120% for 180ft. i was 6'1 195... not very condusive to the navy where you need to run and swim for distance and your muscles need to be more slow twitch.

heres my plan when i'm in the gym now to lose weight and become more "navy-fit"

up to 100 pullups
up to 200 pushups
up to 300 situps
run 1/4 mi in 90s
repeat

thats not too helpful and makes it seem impossible so heres how you do it... say you do 10 pullups at once, move on to pushups and do 50, then move on to situps and do 75... all that without a break... your break is the 1/4 mi sprint... then repeat until you reach your goals (100,200,300)... obviously you can start with 50, 100, 150 or where ever you like.

do that 3 days a week and do longer slower runs on the off days and let your muscles (actively) recover. if you get shin splints (like me) back off and make sure your stretching and warming up/cooling down properly. hop in the pool (instead of the pounding your body takes while running) which will treat your joints like gold and they will love you back.

dips and other bodyweight exercises are your friends and can be added too but my arms and my body for that matter are so worn out from pullups and pushups that i don't dip as well.

if you want size someone said it in the other thread but the olympic lifts are the way to go (bench, deadlift, squat). the 5x5 work out by bill starr (google it) works well. the cleans and stuff are complicated and a great way to get yourself hurt and out of training for awhile so they just arent worth it in my mind but again everyone is different just get taught how to do it right.

if you want to try crossfit theres a crossfit website that will give you a workout to do everyday... i think its as easy as www.crossfit.com haha.
ive got two best friends going through bud/s and crossfit has treated them like gold. they dominate the physical stuff. my buddy does 60 pullups non stop which is just insane... they also did the (100,200,300) deal too.

bikram yoga too is amazing for flexibility and dropping weight. do that on your offdays in the gym and will get blood moving through your muscles to recover faster.

massages are awesome too but i wouldn't pay for them especially if you get them a lot... just get a gf/bf and then they become free!

supplements... nothing crazy... my liver and kidneys took of a beating from drinking in college... haha but the standard stuff... whey protein, bcaa's, zma's, creatine, multi-vitamin(sometimes and ill cut them in half when i do take one), and fish oil. a supplement's purpose is to allow you to recover faster and more efficiently! and therefore let you spend more time training!! not let you build more muscle with less work.

http://www.biotest.net/ is where i buy my stuff from now. i've tried it all brand wise from bsn to www.allthewhey.com and biotest is by far my favorite.

hooyah!