• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Music playlist

RabidMoose

I've been running without my ipod...I won't have it in OCS so why get dependent on it? Listen to the birdies chirping :)

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
You just made a list of all my girlfriends in high school.

A psychological study suggested that aggressive music gives a subconscious boost to those lifting weights, but not to those running. I think that's a pile of crap; it helps you in both instances. For some reason, the metal band Annihilator gives me an urge to run faster and when choruses and solos come up, I get a small "second wind." The lyrics are extremely cheesy but still fun -- like riding a moped or porking a fattie.

Nothing to add...I just wanted to quote this for use later in case I need it and you try to erase it:)

navygirl7

I pick out my play list based on total playing time. For my first run, I wanted to finish (a pathetically small distance) in 20 minutes. After 5 runs like that, I wanted to shave my run time by 15 seconds, so I switched out one of the songs to a shorter song. Five more runs like that, than shorten the play list by another 15 seconds. And so on... Note: I'm running outside, and not on a treadmill.

Doing it that way, I have a good idea of what my time is, without having to look down and check my watch, which throws off your pace. When you're about half way through your last song, it really pushes you to run faster, to finish before the song finishes.

And from everything I've read, it helps your PRT scores to run the same distance faster, rather than trying to run further/longer.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
^^^When I was trying to get in shape for OCS after my ankle surgery, thats what I was doing. I found 3 songs (on my ipod) whose times added up to what I wanted to run the 1.5 in. It was a great way to pace myself. I knew halfway through the third song that I had to dig down and find another gear, or unhook the trailer. :D

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
I suddenly feel very uncool....country wasn't on anybody's list :confused: Or what about the good ole 80s. Geeze....

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I've been running without my ipod...I won't have it in OCS so why get dependent on it? Listen to the birdies chirping :)

No reason to stop using an iPod...your DI has his own personal beatbox...jammin' to Marine songs of the 80's, 90's, and today!

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
I'm an old school rap and hip hop mix fan. You can get some great mixes from DJ Baby Yu, DJ Scene and DJ Xclusive. These were just some of the DJ's that had the hour long mix on XM that got booted after the merger. Baby Yu's mashups are great if you like things like green day mixed with ludacris, etc. They have web pages and some my space where you can download for free.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Kids today and their rock-and-roll...

I prefer old-school punk for running. Clash, Pixies, Ramones, Velvet Underground, Sex Pistols, Iggy Pop.

Iggy and the Stooges are still outstanding. So is Frank Black for that matter. Reps to you Sir!

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I suddenly feel very uncool....country wasn't on anybody's list :confused: Or what about the good ole 80s. Geeze....

Country isn't really work out music. There's some 80s tunes that might work but not like rock or rap. Don't get me wrong though, they both have a large spot on my mp3 player.

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
Country isn't really work out music. There's some 80s tunes that might work but not like rock or rap. Don't get me wrong though, they both have a large spot on my mp3 player.

That makes me feel a little better :) Although I still run to country - haha - it can't all be fast....need to start slow and calm...