• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Moving to Corpus Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent00JP

1. Obviously I am TAD at NAS Pcola. Since the Navy never paid to move me from my Home of Record to OCS or for API, will they move my stuff from my HoR, or are they just going to pay for me to move from Pcola to CC?

2. From what I understand, I won't have access to new orders until my 5th week in API. How does that affect getting On-base housing since there may be a waiting list? Do you think I could get them cut at least a few weeks earlier to smooth the housing application/wait list?

3. Assuming they are holding our orders until 5th week, does that mean we won't get DLA, DITY etc. before we move?

4. Any gouge on the current wait for on-base housing at NAS CC?

5. Anyone familiar with the leave/ leave-in-route/ stash policy for those of us fininshing API in the two weeks prior to Christmas and reporting to CC? Also, how does the "house-hunting" leave fit into all this?

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
1. DON'T LIVE ON BASE AT NAS CC (if you are talking about the BOQ). I lived in the Q in Pcola, it was awesome. IT IS A SLUM HERE.
2. You should be able to move your stuff from home, I few guys I came out here with 6 mos ago were able to.
You won't be able to get your orders cut any earlier.
There is no house hunting leave. THere is a little clause in the house hunting deal... It says a training command can refuse to give it to you and they do just that. However, depending on the wait to class up (you will find this out when you check into the command, they were real cool with allowing SNAs to take leave.)

You will not get DLA, if you do a dity move heough, you will get paid for that.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Ok, I just moved down here a few weeks ago and classed up last Friday. You cant get your orders cut any earlier. The best way to get an idea on them is to check on your DFAS page. There is no leave approved enroute. You graduate API on a Friday and check in to Corpus by midnight Monday. The BOQ here sucks. When I came down I immediately went looking for a house in town. In fact, the BOQ was almost full when I got here and I almost didnt get a room. Depending on what week you get here, you might have 1-3 weeks before you class up. I checked in on Monday and classed up the following Friday. Right now they are starting classes every 2 weeks. When you check in to TRW-4 here you will do a PSD brief and you will get paid for your move to Pensacola, and your move here, and if your lucky get a DLA. Also the Navy will only cover a move of about 1000 pounds from Pensacola to Corpus since Pensacola was only TAD. However if you have to move more than that, the personal property people will set up your once a career home of record move to help cover it. Nothing is explained very well until you actually get down here.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
the weight depends on your commissioning source. I was ROTC and got 600 lbs to Pcola and then 10000 lbs to corpus. Check on that. Unless you were prior active duty or married, you will NOT get DLA. Some guys did in my class, and they just had to pay it back later.

Agent00JP

I guess I should have said this in the initial post, but I am married with two kids so we are looking more at family housing on-base. Hopefully that will allow me to get DLA and I was commissioned through OCS, in case you can give me any insight on the move process for OCS grads. Thanks for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.