• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Move from NFO to Aviator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmac12

Does anyone know if you can apply to switch from an NFO slot to an aviator slot during OCS or prior to API? I am having eye surgery in May, and I leave for OCS in Sept, so I'm going to try to apply for a lateral move before I leave, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to because of the 90-180 day wait. I'm not sure if I'm a 90 day candidate or a 180. If I'm 180, I'll have to re-apply after I've already reported, if this is possible. Any feedback would be apreciated.

John

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Tough question...
It really depends on what the Navy is feeling like at the time you go into OCS. I was accepted for the switch on the Friday before I reported. All of my paperwork said SNFO so there was quite a bit of work for my class officer and chief to do to clarify things. If you let your class officer know in the first couple of weeks, you'll have a fair chance of getting the switch by the time you get commissioned. One thing to note is that you can help your chances by having the essential paperwork ready to go. Your recruiter should be taking care of this. If it boils down to delaying your OCS start date... oh well. It's a decision that will affect the next 6/8 years of your life. I had my surgery done in late January and reported in early July. That might help you guess at the time period it takes to hear back from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.