• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

motivational statement and other app. questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizzoufan

I just took the ASTB (6/7/6, and overall of 60), he said this was pretty good but I don't know. the recruiter just handed me lots of paperwork and told me to fill it out. We don't have a lot communication so I am clueless on some things. What am I suppost to say in the motivational statement?? For the physical activity do you just include everything you do that helps your fitness?? Finally, just looking over the form quickly, I didn't see a section for a transcript, but he definitely mentioned it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

DairyCreamer

For the motivational statement, you write exactly what it tells you to write: a 500 word or less statement on why you are seeking a commission. Just like many other essay you've written, you can take your own angle on how to interpet this. I'd suspect they don't want to see things like "I want to show off my summer whites to the lizadies" though. Speak from the heart.

For physical activity, I put down Kung Fu and Running, the two things I do primarily and on a regular basis. They want to see that you're not a couch potato.

You need to have your school send an official transcript to your recruiter, it's a separate but attached part of the application package.

~Nate

PS - I'm surprised a 60 OAR only got you a 6/7/6... especially a 6 AQR, since there's a pretty heavy weight on the MCT and MVT sections for that. May I ask how the Spatial Apperception (SAT) and Aviation/Nautical (A/N) sections went for ya?

mizzoufan said:
I just took the ASTB (6/7/6, and overall of 60), he said this was pretty good but I don't know. the recruiter just handed me lots of paperwork and told me to fill it out. We don't have a lot communication so I am clueless on some things. What am I suppost to say in the motivational statement?? For the physical activity do you just include everything you do that helps your fitness?? Finally, just looking over the form quickly, I didn't see a section for a transcript, but he definitely mentioned it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
I agree With Dairy,
for the Physical I just put down Running, Lifting, and Swimming (what I do). For the Motivational Statement, I put why I wanted to go intot he Navy, taht I came from a Navy Fam. Things like that. Transcrpit has to be sent from the school to the recuiter.

mizzoufan

maybe it was 7/6/6. Would that make more sense. All I know it that I think I got two 6's and a 7 with and overall of 60. That is what the recruiter told me. I don't know how that would add up, and I don't really know what all the numbers mean so take what you will. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.