• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Most Recent Age Waivers

lawilm

Any political connections couldn't do anything, NAMI goes by what the standard is and what is allowable to waiver, they aren't going to put their license on the line because some politician called about someone, crap I had one kid who's uncle was a 2 star and knew the CNO and no one cared, he didn't meet the medical requirements to come in.

I have seen the end result of politicians being involved, it usually ends with a letter from the politician to the individual saying something like "I rec'd a letter from MEPS/N3M/etc.... and was informed that you do not meet established medical standards for entrance.

think of this, if the doc did give you a pass because of some politician then you were in training and something happened medically, they look over your record and then go back to the doc and ask why when you didn't meet medical qualification, what is he going to say, I waived him because of some politician called, now not only is the doc in hot water you have a lot of attention on other people.

I am not sure what they had to do to fix you colon issue, it may be that medical is the least of your worries, or not, some issues require a specific amount of waiting time to ensure there are no problems.

Thank you for your thoughts on the matter. I guess I was leaning more towards pressuring an exception simply based off age barring all other things being an issue.

exNavyOffRec

Thank you for your thoughts on the matter. I guess I was leaning more towards pressuring an exception simply based off age barring all other things being an issue.

As strict as the services have been on medical issues I think that would be the biggest hurdle to jump, basically the docs stance has been, many people wanting to join, why waive a person with an issue when there is a perfectly fine guy right behind him.

I forgot about this one case we had, he belonged to another recruiter, the applicant WAS the political connection, he wanted to come into the reserves, he was pro rec Y, but failed the medical, nothing he did or who he knew changed their mind.

lawilm

I have gotten the word back that things are not as the seem on the surface "IF" you have real world experience Ahelwig eluded to. I am slated to head to P-Cola for flight physical as soon as a few things are handled locally this month with the OSO. As another person who Pm'd stated YMMV and certainly be ready to have an exceptional history and career that would rival your competitors.

exNavyOffRec

I have gotten the word back that things are not as the seem on the surface "IF" you have real world experience Ahelwig eluded to. I am slated to head to P-Cola for flight physical as soon as a few things are handled locally this month with the OSO. As another person who Pm'd stated YMMV and certainly be ready to have an exceptional history and career that would rival your competitors.

It seems the USMC is more giving on age when experience comes in which is good for you, I still think medical is the biggest issue, the docs don't care about experience only what is in that medical file, I have seen an email string where a CDR of a NRD was put in his place by a CAPT in the medical corps on this issue, people really should learn to edit emails before forwarding them on.

lawilm

You may be correct NavyOffrec... We will see how it goes after that... I have been "told" that my issue should be fine since the problem was found and corrected and was only due to sub standard medical treatment before it went on for so long. Then again I am ready to the worst as well though whichever the case may be. I will continue to report back. I don't want to mislead anyone here though because my situation is due to the fact that I have a long history in a field that put me in the highlight. I think that is the only reason they are even entertaining me and that could still result in a "hell no". Journey is not over yet.