• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

More OCS ?s . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

drybean97

I was just curious as to how long it usually takes to hear back once you have submitted your application for OCS. Also, about how long after that is there before you typically go to OCS?

I should be ready to send everything off by next Tuesday, and I am kind of getting anxious(it seems like this has been a looong process for me).

Also, will the fact that we are approaching a new Fiscal Year have any effect on the likelihood of being accpted as a pilot?

Oh, and while I am at it, one more concern. I passed all of the eye tests while going through MEPS(in Houston), but some of the depth perception tests were rather difficult. I really had to strain(and somewhat guess) at the last two. I am totally confident that I can do everything necessary to become a pilot, but I am a little concerned that something beyond my control may keep me from flying once I get through OCS. Hopefully, that will not be the case(cross fingers), but if it does, where do you end up?

Thanks

Gig'Em,

Drybean

Dave Shutter

As for the length of the time your application is reviewed, I have no idea and frankly your recruiter might not know either, I was always told it "depends".

From what I've heard, OCS is booked solid through Oct. So if you submit now you will go after then. I asked my rep how many slots are left for this year and he said a couple,(they came out last Oct.99) which is a surprise to me since in 98' they all vaporized in a month and a half. However, My rep says that due to low numbers this past year, a ton of new slots are comining this Oct., over 200. I figure it's not getting any better than this, ever!

D

Status
Not open for further replies.