• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mississippi / Alabama Disaster Relief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomar116

pilot
In lieu of the recent terrible storms in the Meridian area, can people chime in on what's being done in the area and/or what is required? A quick search seems to indicate Meridian wasn't hit as hard, I notice TW-1 has an active flight schedule today.

I have a lot of friends in the Tuscaloosa area that were hit very hard by this storm. Several of them had their houses and neighborhoods completely destroyed.

Not sure if the wing or base has organized anything, but if your wishing to volunteer here's a couple of quick links that I turned up.

Tuscaloosa County Spontaneous Volunteer Management Team will host the Volunteer Reception Center at St. Mathias Episcopal Church at 2310 Skyland Boulevard East in Tuscaloosa across from WalMart beginning at noon and ending at dark on Thursday, April 28, 2011.

The Volunteer Reception Center will be open on Friday, April 29, 2011 and Saturday, April 30, 2011 from 9:00 a.m. until dark. ALL individuals wishing to volunteer should report to St. Mathias Episcopal Church for instructions on where to volunteer and what volunteer needs are available.

The general number for volunteers who want to pitch in on the recovery effort is 205-561-4169.
Tuscaloosa's Call for Volunteers

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com

Status
Not open for further replies.