• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Minority w/ 300 PFT Air Contract

MasterBates

Quotas are real.

Not so much in the "we must promote X % of group Y" but more in the "oh shit, we didn't promote enough of group X to meet our diversity wickets"

Affirmative Action, and quotas dictated are real.

Anyone else remember the "sea daddy" program they wanted to roll out for high risk minority groups a while back?

jtmedli

pilot
Quotas are real.

Not so much in the "we must promote X % of group Y" but more in the "oh shit, we didn't promote enough of group X to meet our diversity wickets"

Affirmative Action, and quotas dictated are real.

Anyone else remember the "sea daddy" program they wanted to roll out for high risk minority groups a while back?

Sea Daddy? Really? I googled that and got nothing. WTF?

This whole thread makes me laugh and depresses me at the same time. I wish they'd just take that whole "what color are you" section off of the application. Who cares? Can you run fast enough, fly airplanes, and kill bad guys? Rog. You're in.

392Hemi

Sea Daddy? Really? I googled that and got nothing. WTF?

This whole thread makes me laugh and depresses me at the same time. I wish they'd just take that whole "what color are you" section off of the application. Who cares? Can you run fast enough, fly airplanes, and kill bad guys? Rog. You're in.

Unfortunately they have a picture of you too so that wouldn't work haha I do agree though

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
You serious? My osos have even told me it.That seems like common sense, every video you can watch of the marine corps has minorities in it for the most part. Diversity is just as bad as politics

I was just curious as to how much reverse racism that is inherent to the system a prospective marine (sic) Officer Candidate has seen at his stage in the game. Too much if any.

When I was also applying to the Navy my OR was technically a "Diversity Programs Officer Recruiter." How much attention do you think this middle class white guy got from him? :rolleyes:

On another note: You want to be a Marine. We capitalize Marine and Marine Corps. Generally acronyms are also capitalized. (OSO, CO, CMC, OIC) It may not mean a lot you to (yet) but it does to us.

I would also caution you to not sign a contract with the hopes and (possible empty) promises of getting a different one. One thing hopefully you've learned thus far in life is that if it doesn't pass the smell test don't freaking eat it. You're looking at a shit sandwich...

392Hemi

I was just curious as to how much reverse racism that is inherent to the system a prospective marine (sic) Officer Candidate has seen at his stage in the game. Too much if any.

When I was also applying to the Navy my OR was technically a "Diversity Programs Officer Recruiter." How much attention do you think this middle class white guy got from him? :rolleyes:

On another note: You want to be a Marine. We capitalize Marine and Marine Corps. Generally acronyms are also capitalized. (OSO, CO, CMC, OIC) It may not mean a lot you to (yet) but it does to us.

I would also caution you to not sign a contract with the hopes and (possible empty) promises of getting a different one. One thing hopefully you've learned thus far in life is that if it doesn't pass the smell test don't freaking eat it. You're looking at a shit sandwich...

Agreed, I think that was the first post I had not capitalized OSO and Marine in. However I do believe not capitalizing OSO is less disrespectful than calling him a liar

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Agreed, I think that was the first post I had not capitalized OSO and Marine in. However I do believe not capitalizing OSO is less disrespectful than calling him a liar

Easy bud. You're going a bit far for a wannabe...

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Recruiters/Detailers/Monitors/CO's etc. don't lie.

The truth changes.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not sure what being a "wannabee" has to do with anything, my comment wasn't even aimed at you anyway

FYI, this is an open forum. If you are "aiming" a post at someone or group in particular, that's what PMs are for!

Wannabees posting 'snotty' replies on this site do not fare well here, trust me. Why not impress us with your literary skills by putting a little more effort into your PROFILE? An empty profile will tend to get your posts/requests pretty much ignored, kabeesh?:rolleyes:
BzB

392Hemi

FYI, this is an open forum. If you are "aiming" a post at someone or group in particular, that's what PMs are for!

Wannabees posting 'snotty' replies on this site do not fare well here, trust me. Why not impress us with your literary skills by putting a little more effort into your PROFILE? An empty profile will tend to get your posts/requests pretty much ignored, kabeesh?:rolleyes:
BzB

Yeah I guess its ok for me to be spoken to rudely but no one can take any heat back... I will remember that next time. I'm not concerned about a profile either since I'm just a "wannabee" and have no information you all are interested in anyway.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator

Does it exist? Yes. Is it as bad as some say? Absolutely not. Every time some minority service member screws up, it's attributed to "reverse racism." Every time a white male screws up, it's just "some jerk." It's confirmation bias in action.

To your point, though, the candidate definitely hasn't seen enough to know one way or the other.

Minorities in ads are actually a good thing, IMO. Whether people realize it or not, there are people who grow up not realizing that certain paths are indeed viable options, because of their neighborhood, friends, school, whatever. To some white kid in the South, half his family is probably veterans of some sort. In other places, definitely not. I'm all for going to "historically black colleges" and such, trying to get the word out to families that might not otherwise know much about the military, etc, as long as the standards aren't changed.

MasterBates

Yep. If there is no change in standards, and no "quotas" (real, or perceived), outreach to those who are not well represented is fine.

Going up both sides of the family tree, all my direct ancestors have had some military service going back at least 5 generations.

I'm not sure if actively recruiting the Hasidic community is going to get more of them, but that would be a legit outreach program.

But if a 3.0 in PolySci/Exercise Science with a 250 PFT is competitive for a minority candidate, when you would have to have a 3.25 in a hard science or a 3.5+ in PloySci and at least a 290PFT to be competitive a non minority candidate.. That's wrong.