• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Military Pilot Retention and Airlines

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
So they should limit the study to USAF F-15C and F-22 pilots because the rest of you steely-eyed pointy nose guys are actually FAGs?

I didn't tell them to ask me, ya old man........my designation is on the ground, like my SLUF forefathers..........

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Is that actually what they're doing?

The jist I heard is their focus is pointy nose types since those are where the current numbers show a shortcoming. I'd argue that's a lagging indicator and the woes of military aviation go into all TMS, but multi pilot communities aren't showing the same immediate pain (see this year's 100% VFA 1310 DH shortfall)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
The multi-crew guys thing is a delayed reaction; I think you'll see it in the guys dropping letters post-DH ticking up.

Not being current due to having to take boat orders can force a lot of guys hands into a 2 year set of orders that'll put them at 13-14 when they walk. Not quite as bad a dead zone as the 15-16 year guys as far as the airlines are concerned, but still a tough thing to walk out on after 13 years with not much to show for it.

The alternative is to drop your letter as soon as you check into the boat, go to a regional or contract ISR gig asap, get current, and keep updating that app. The paycut alone might persuade guys to suck up the DH pain just to keep the bills paid while earning a few hundred flight hours the hard way, but I think a lot are going to keep walking as soon as they think they can get hired with whatever they've got in their logbook.

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None

So, he was procrastinating on taking the ATP written (the deadline was well after the rule change had been announced and approved, so he either knew about it or was very ignorant), and got caught with his pants down with a deployment...and he wants an exemption?

Not much sympathy here. Hit the regionals and get that CTP/ATP as a penalty vector for your procrastination.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Or just pony up the cash. $15K sounds like a lot, but it is a small price to pay for a high paying second career...