• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

military husbands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a female wanting to join the military and I was wondering if there were any military husbands out there who are not themselves in the military and could tell me what it is like for them. I always see military wifes but never military husbands... what do females in the military just not get married?
icon_smile_sad.gif

solenita72

SWO Wife
You know, I have come across a few....I think there is hope for you! It may be a strange thing and sort of a reversed role in the marriage, but there are many women in the military that are married!

WFU2USN

littledancerus,

Yes, women in the military get married! :) I think that since there are generally less women, husbands are less organized in comparison to Navy Wives. Each command typically has a Family Support Group, though, and it's likely that husbands may be involved there when their wife is the military member.

Many of the women I know in the military are infact married.

Also, you'll see Meridiani on this board - she's the one trying to go to OCS and is married.

Good luck!

Robin :)

Meridiani

Haha, that's right I am married. I didn't speak up earlier because my husband is a former Marine, so he knows more than I what military life is going to be like for us. He's very supportive of my military aspirations, and he's fully aware that it's going to require some flexibility on his part. It's not going to be easy on his career with us moving from place to place, and deployments are always difficult no matter who, husband or wife, does the deploying.

SG

I've been holding back as well. I've been a Navy dependent for about 14 years now. My wife is in OCS and this is the first seperation for our kids. Both of her roommates at OCS are married. One has to young kids as well that are at home with Daddy. My wife did a year on Diego Garcia which was really a test of our relationship but that was before having kids. I'd say it's not much different for husbands/fathers than it is for wifes/mothers. It may be a little tougher for guys to take on the Mother role but I'm having a good time doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.