• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Miles per week

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhafeman

I'm just wondering how I compare to others training for OCS. How many miles are you guys running per week? I am somewhere between 15 and 20 and am going to OCS in October.

eaw75

I run 5 or 6 days a week. Three of those days I run 4 or 5 miles, the others I practice the PRT run. I also swim 1000 yards three days a week.

wareagle

i graduated from ocs back in October "02 class 02-03 ohh rahh. if your running that much you will be fine. pt is five times a week, and the runs are never more than a few miles. there is one maybe two five milers but those are battalion size so they are pretty slow. focus on endurance type training. that is what you will need for those daily trips to the sand and any "extra military instruction" you may recieve.

IFT2O

Drinkin' Beer w/ your mom
I'm running about 12 to 15 per week and I'm doing some 5Ks and maybe a 10K this summer. I class up in Sept. My pace is somewhere between 8 and 7:30 min mile. I'll start getting ready for this PRT (I'm currnetly enlisted) first of April with shorter runs and quicker paces, but I haven't done a 1.5 for time in a while. Last time I was running it somewhere around 11:00 (my excuse is my age! 30). HA!

Chris

dhafeman

Do you ever have to run in boots or run any obstacles for the Navy OCS or is that just the Marines that do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.