• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mike Company

azmarine

I was just wondering if all LTs at TBS go to Mike company first? I know its very overcrowded there and it seems like most do. Also is it worth it to have a car there? Thanks for any help!

HueyCobra8151

pilot
You don't have to go to Mike Company first, I showed up and checked in with Delta.

Although there are currently 331 2ndLts competing for 300 seats in Delta Company. So those 31 will go to Mike and wait for Echo to pick up.

yodaears

pilot
It's not a requirement to go to Mike Company but most Lts end up there either before they pick up or after they finish the BOC. If you are an air guy then I can pretty much guarantee you that you will be in M.

Yes it is worth it to have a car!!! Sometimes even fifteen minutes away from that place is all you need to recharge. I promise you that there will be a time when you just want to get away. Plus the public transportation up the first metro stop to get into DC is almost non-existent.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
DO NOT go without a car. You will lose your mind without it. Being a brownbagger, sometimes the drive home (the long way) listening to Coultrain was more therapeutic than sleep.

Recommendation for NOT having to drop to Mike...Check in early on check in day, like way early. Even 9AM wont cut it. This will at least get you considered to the training company you were meant to check in for. After that, be physically qualified, be able to swim a 2nd class, and crush the PFT. That's how you not get stuck in Mike. Have fun with that.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I have heard the check-in early thing from several people. My neighbor is my student platoon sergeant and he told me to not bother checking in early, so I showed up around 1200 which was nice because probably 75% of everyone showed up for the earliest possible check-in time. I didn't have to wait in a single line.

If you can find someone in your student staff to ask about it, I would take their recommendation. If not, then I guess check-in as early as possible is the word so you can avoid being auto-dropped.