• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MH370 Wreckage Potentially Found

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...Reunion-matches-Malaysia-Airlines-flight.html

I just noticed this in the news. If this is true it would be a huge break in the case of locating MH370. I saw the picture of the flaperon compared to the Boeing 777 diagram and it matches up really well. Hopefully, they can use knowledge of ocean currents to back track to where the wreckage could possible be. Still a very difficult challenge but it will breath new life into the investigation.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
We do NOT know what happened. There is no clarity only speculation.

Not a great article. Just a rehash if the same theories and conspiracies that have been put forward for years.

Yawn.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Chuck, did you actually read the article?
Not really - I scanned it (it's a lot of words) - however I listened to the author discuss his findings on the NPR show "Here And Now"...

The author came to the conclusion that the CA locked the FO out of the cockpit, climbed to FL 400, depres'd the cabin after donning his own positive pressure mask, and eventually flew the airplane to the ocean's surface

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2019/06/25/new-reporting-mh370-officials

Last edited:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not really - I scanned it (it's a lot of words) - however I listened to the author discuss his findings on the NPR show "Here And Now"...

The author came to the conclusion that the CA locked the FO out of the cockpit, climbed to FL 400, depres'd the cabin after donning his own positive pressure mask, and eventually flew the airplane to the ocean's surface

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2019/06/25/new-reporting-mh370-officials
Upon what evidence was that conclusion based?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Upon what evidence was that conclusion based?
So obviously not ? percent quantitatively objectively certain but the authors expertise and intuition resulted in a finding that says “ more likely than not” meaning nothing else explains the cause better.

As others have said we won’t ever know for certain but given the human factors involved, an explanation of sufficient depth to let people move on.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Author's expertise? Not sure the article is covering anything new in the investigation but is instead a decent summary of why the best anyone can offer are shoulder shrugs and educated guesses. No hard evidence has been found to definitively prove/disprove any causal factors beyond the fact that it crashed in the Indian ocean. Any discussion on how the jet ended up in the most likely area of the crash is at best an educated guess. There are still countless ways it could've happened. Does the educated guess presented by the author seem like a reasonable conclusion based on the current limited data set? Sure.

Was the article worth sharing and posted in the proper thread? Yes.

robav8r

None
Contributor
I’ve said this before, take a look at the data that streams off of modern day airliners, especially the engines.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I’ve said this before, take a look at the data that streams off of modern day airliners, especially the engines.

Doesn’t the article say that it essentially did that?

Maybe I misunderstood, but there were periods of blackout that were interspersed with location data that puts it out in the Indian Ocean.

As to the why, it sounds like that’ll always be subject to speculation.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Hard to explain-away the forensic analysis of the captain’s home computer Microsoft flight sim logs by the FBI and amateur from Roanoke.