• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Meridian Housing - Comprehensive List

Raptor2216

There are not many houses around here with garages. Most have car ports. Then again my house does have a garage.

When you get here go to the housing office. They normally have a pretty good list. And don't be surprised if you get calls from instructors trying to get you to rent their house.

My roommate and I will be moving out of a house here in Meridian soon...it has a one car garage...should be available around october...cheap rent...owned by a reservist. You even get your very own weirdo southern neighbor...definite plus.

Ghstrdrvt

Don't tase me bro.
pilot
House Search

I'd recommend finding a roommate or two and then hunting for a place that's for sale and seeing if the owners would be willing to rent. My roommates and I found an inexpensive, huge 5 bedroom place with a swimming pool, two living rooms (One is used as a ping pong arena) that way. With the housing market as it is, houses are sitting around for sale and there are plenty of people who would like to get some money for their houses for a while as they wait for the market to warm back up. Unless you are dead set about living on the lake, I'd recommend looking on Rt. 39 somewhere near Briarwood Country Club. 39 goes between the base and town, so you're a pretty easy drive to either. Don't bother with Real Estate agents. Do some scouting yourself, ask around the squadron spaces, and as a last resort, swing by the housing office.

incubus852

pilot
Don't bother with Real Estate agents. Do some scouting yourself, ask around the squadron spaces, and as a last resort, swing by the housing office.

Sorry man, but bad gouge. The housing office keeps a pretty detailed list and can help you narrow down all the choices out there and put you in contact. And there are a few agents that can really help out. But yea, most of them are worthless.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Anyone moving out of a house or know of one available? Fiancee moved into town finally and she wants to get out of the man cave and into our own place. I'm open to North Hills area (my current neighborhood) or Briarwood.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Dude, it's called a fort!

Dang. I was betting that D_Rob could find people a place to live in meridian....

... however, fellating a Jew for material and/or career possibilites is usually only done in holllywood... :D

sfdistance

Does anyone live in the base housing on NAS Meridian? I'm moving there later this month and base housing looks like a good option, especially considering I'm married with a kid. Any info on what the base housing is like would be appreciated... the housing contractor's website really doesn't provide much in the way of details on the houses or pictures. Thanks.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I know a couple guys who live there. Not too bad, pretty decent neighborhood setting, very much like Whiting Pines if you ever made it up there before you joined the AF :)

UMichfly

pilot
None
I don't live there but a bunch of my buddies do. It seems like a really good deal. The houses are in good shape, especially if you like linoleum floors. :) The drive to the flight line is only 5 minutes compared to the 20-30 minutes I have from my apartment complex in town. That may not seem like a big difference but it definitely would cut down on the pain and angst of the 5:30 ACM briefs. If I were in your shoes and had it all to do over again, I'd seriously consider living on base.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Coming back that way in a couple of months. If any of you Meridianites have any gouge on family homes coming available around 1 September I'd appreciate it! (3 year orders for you owners looking for continuity)

flyingjt2

Room for rent-north hills

I HAVE A ROOM FOR RENT FOR ANYONE INTERESTED JULY/AUGUST 2010. NICE REMODELED HOME NORTH OF NORTH HILLS. VERY NICE! 500.00 A MONTH. LET ME KNOW IF YOUR INTERESTED. 8502932316 jt.ulyatt@gmail.com