• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mercyhurst University Intelligence Program?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Bite your tongue! :eek:

Otto, don't you recognize a compliment when you see it?;)
BzB ex:
Rating_Badge_AO.jpg
AvWepsO VA-55, VA-146
WepsTrngO VA-44
OrdHandlingO, OrdO, WpnsDH CVA-41
Hon. Member AOAA
*Never crossed S**t River 'PoTown w/o a 3-AO Security Team!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
For the OP, if you are really interested in a career in intelligence you can also consider a civilian career with one of the three-letter agencies in DC. If you are looking to be an analyst they like liberal with language skills, preferably more 'relevant' ones like Arabic or Mandarin. Just a thought.

Clausewitz

Do the people making these decisions even know what a junior intel O does in the real world?

It doesn't take a degree in quantum physics to surf SIPR and brief a ready room about shit they already read from the regular news.

Wait, do Intel officers actually do intel? Or are they just coffee fetchers?

Another thing, I read somewhere that JOs in the Intel field are usually placed in one of three places

1. D.C.

2. Squadron

3. SEAL Team

If this is true, can you explain what I will be doing in each place? Also, would being a JO with the SEALs be as badass as it sounds?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wait, do Intel officers actually do intel? Or are they just coffee fetchers?

Another thing, I read somewhere that JOs in the Intel field are usually placed in one of three places

1. D.C.

2. Squadron

3. SEAL Team

If this is true, can you explain what I will be doing in each place? Also, would being a JO with the SEALs be as badass as it sounds?
Use the search function. It has all been discussed in excruciating detail in other threads.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Clausewitz I think you need to have a talk also with your Sea Cadet commander on your ambitions. Your cart is lapping your horse at this stage.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
BzB - wrong type of AO. Brett meant Admin Officer.

Ah so desuka, thanks HAL. :oops: Well at least it's a show of respect for all our resident serving.. and ex- 'BB Stackers'!;) Brownshoe, Brett & NavyAO et. al., next beer's on me.
BzB

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ah so desuka, thanks HAL. :oops: Well at least it's a show of respect for all our resident serving.. and ex- 'BB Stackers'!;) Brownshoe, Brett & NavyAO et. al., next beer's on me.
BzB
For the record, I've been both kinds. :D

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Truth about the writing. But that's why there's always the one "that guy" tech major, who can write well, (<-- that's called an "apposition) to publicly correct someone's power points for using the incorrect homophone, improper use of subjects vs objects and vague diction. May start out as annoying, but sooner or later your peers start bringing shit to you to review before it goes to the skipper.

-"that guy"
You know, it's entirely possible to acquire said reputation for good writing in other ways than being a public douchebag about it . . .

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
...Powerpoint slides for using the incorrect homophone, improper use of subjects vs. objects and vague diction. It may start out as annoying, but sooner or later, your peers start bringing shit to you to review before it goes to the skipper.

-"that guy"

There you go.

If you're "that guy," it starts out, continues, and finishes as annoying.

LET73

I know the boards are looking for technical degrees for IDC these days, but that's asinine. You don't need physics or calc to be an intel officer. To be a good intel officer, you need some common sense (sorely lacking in the field). An ability to understand historical trends can help. The ability to read and retain a lot of information in a short period of time (the kind of thing history and poli sci majors get good at) helps, too.

Then again, I think the entire concept of the Information Dominance Corps is... ah... mistaken... but whatever. I'd like to get promoted one day, so I'll just go ahead and drink the tasty Kool-Aid. Technical degrees for all!