• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Meps Required After Prk?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
What do you mean back to MEPS? I see that you have made some posts on AW already and those may answer my question. A little background in this thread may be in order to help others answer your question.

nugget81

pilot
Do I have to go back to meps before I apply for my PRK waiver?

That is a great question to ask your recruiter. Short answer: Yes, you do. They need to check out your eyes again to verify that you are 20/20.

Also, it is a very good idea to get a copy of your complete file from the PRK doctor (the one who did your surgery) and keep it as NOMI will need those documents later on when they actually grant the waiver. This won't happen until just before API, so keep them safe. I didn't know this info when I went through and it took a couple of months to get the paperwork together and finally get a waiver. Luckily I was still in OCS at the time, and there was no delay in my training as a result. Best of Luck!

Goob83

None
Do I have to go back to meps before I apply for my PRK waiver?
yes as i told you several time, then we have to do a flag waiver to get your PNQ overturned. LONGSHOT as I have said. BUT you can take the NFO and try transfer if that is not accepted so we have a back up plan.