• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MEPS Depth Perception

rolmetti

Pilot33
I know this has been asked before but majority of the responses/forums I saw were pretty dated (4-5 years old) so I figured I would get an updated answer. Does anyone know the depth perception requirements for SNA and NFO are? I just went through MEPS and everything went fine. I did the depth perception test and they wrote “Pass-C9”. From reading previous forums it sounded like I need to get at least the “D Line” for SNA. Is that still the case? This seems to be a pretty common issue as well where people fail at MEPS and go to a civilian optometrist and retake a depth perception test and resubmit the results? Is that still the process?

papacarter

College Student
I know this has been asked before but majority of the responses/forums I saw were pretty dated (4-5 years old) so I figured I would get an updated answer. Does anyone know the depth perception requirements for SNA and NFO are? I just went through MEPS and everything went fine. I did the depth perception test and they wrote “Pass-C9”. From reading previous forums it sounded like I need to get at least the “D Line” for SNA. Is that still the case? This seems to be a pretty common issue as well where people fail at MEPS and go to a civilian optometrist and retake a depth perception test and resubmit the results? Is that still the process?

This question has been answered multiple times....

I went to MEPS about 6 months ago and unknowing failed with a B. Talked to my recruiter and he set me up with a military ophthalmologist (passed A-F). Unlike MEPS, you can take the Randot Stereo test if you fail the first one, and then another test (which I dont remember the name of). They no longer accept civ results because people would "shop" for a passing score and then ultimately fail during admin week at OCS.

alikazmi9000

On another note, when I was taking the depth perception test at MEPS, I was showed a booklet with rows A1-A12 and passed with A10. Was I supposed to be given an A-F?

alikazmi9000

It seems like I was administered the RANDOT test with the glasses. Does anyone know what you need to get on that to qualify for pilot?