• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MEPS and long BDCP

blarged

ready
I went and got through MEPS with no problems in December of 2007.

If I am remembering correctly, MEPS is good for 2 years?

I graduate June of 2010, which is over 2 years after I went through MEPS.

So if I am picked up and am in the BDCP program (May/June boards), will I have to go through MEPS again before December 2009?

If I am not picked up (May/June boards) and I re-apply for DA closer to graduation, will I have to go through MEPS again before I can submit my application?

This isn't really a crucial question, more just for my curiosity. I mean... MEPS was like the best Saturday ever.... errr... yeah... QUACK!

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
I went and got through MEPS with no problems in December of 2007.

If I am remembering correctly, MEPS is good for 2 years?

I graduate June of 2010, which is over 2 years after I went through MEPS.

So if I am picked up and am in the BDCP program (May/June boards), will I have to go through MEPS again before December 2009?

If I am not picked up (May/June boards) and I re-apply for DA closer to graduation, will I have to go through MEPS again before I can submit my application?

This isn't really a crucial question, more just for my curiosity. I mean... MEPS was like the best Saturday ever.... errr... yeah... QUACK!

If you are accepted to BDCP or direct accession to OCS and you do not ship to OCS before Dec 2009, then you will have to re-phys; you cannot arrive to basic training (enlisted or officer) with a physical over 2 years old.

You can re-phys if you are pro rec'd, but the earliest you would be allow to re-phys is Sep 2009. An individual with a current phys cannot re-phys until 90 days prior to the expiration of your original phys, at the earliest.

According to USMEPCOM Reg 40-1 (MAR 2009), chapter 5, page 2, section “c”:

A physical examination for accession is valid for 2 years. The MEPS commander may authorize a new, full medical examination if the previous medical examination is still valid but will expire within 90 days. This is only done if the physical is going to expire before the intent of the original physical can be accomplished. The MEPS commander may delegate this authority to the CMO or medical NCOIC/SUP HT. If the original physical examination paper work is lost or misplaced, the applicant will receive a new physical examination to include a new drug and HIV test.

blarged

ready
If you are accepted to BDCP or direct accession to OCS and you do not ship to OCS before Dec 2009, then you will have to re-phys; you cannot arrive to basic training (enlisted or officer) with a physical over 2 years old.

You can re-phys if you are pro rec'd, but the earliest you would be allow to re-phys is Sep 2009. An individual with a current phys cannot re-phys until 90 days prior to the expiration of your original phys, at the earliest.

According to USMEPCOM Reg 40-1 (MAR 2009), chapter 5, page 2, section “c”:

A physical examination for accession is valid for 2 years. The MEPS commander may authorize a new, full medical examination if the previous medical examination is still valid but will expire within 90 days. This is only done if the physical is going to expire before the intent of the original physical can be accomplished. The MEPS commander may delegate this authority to the CMO or medical NCOIC/SUP HT. If the original physical examination paper work is lost or misplaced, the applicant will receive a new physical examination to include a new drug and HIV test.

Thanks Ren, I had a feeling you'd be the one that had my answer :)

egolnick

I was in the same situation as you and I had to re-phys but I didn't have to go back to MEPS (thank God). I got my physical at USSOUTHCOM. I am pretty sure if you have a base with medical facilities near you, you can go there instead.