• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Med. forms

Keisi

I recently got pro-recd for SWO and was filling out the medical eval papers and stumbled upon a problem. I have had a few migraines (<6) in the past 3 years. According to the medical books, this is a disqualifier. Does anyone know the chances of getting a waiver for this?
Also, does anyone know if the same rules go for the enlisted side, or are they a little more lax when it comes to these things?

Keisi

I went in to see a doctor about them and they gave me a specific migraine prescription, so yes. But that was over 2 years ago and I haven't used the prescription since.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
It may be that you will have to see either a regular doc or a neurologist to proclaim you migraine free. If that is the case, be thankful you don't have them.

Keisi

Well, the most recent full-blown one was about 6 months ago and I still get severe headaches, though rarely so the problem hasn't fixed itself. The regs say that severe headaches are disqualifiers too. But because I am not taking a prescription and it does not interfere with work, can I get a waiver? Because I know people in the Navy who have migraines and I was wondering in which instances you can get a waiver.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
I cannot speak about the non-aviation side of the house...although most of the physical standards are set higher than for other fields.

Have you had an MRI or CAT scan?

Keisi

No I haven't had an MRI or CAT scan. My recruiter says he can have someone look over it and see what they say but yeah. Just wanted to find out the word on the street. Thanks.