• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MCPON under investigation for alleged abusive leadership

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

robav8r

None
Contributor
"Giordano has sought to expand the privileges of his office, for example, by pushing his staff to ask the Navy to issue him his own fine china for hosting formal dinners at his home. He’s also repeatedly asked for additional staffers to take care of his basic personal needs."

YHGTBSM . . . . .

I met him once at the Pentagon while going to work. We were entering at the Mall Entrance. I was in civilian clothes and introduced myself with my rank and last name. He didn't have the time of day for me. Funny thing though, I routinely saw ADM Moran at the same entrance and he ALWAYS made the time to talk, ask about family, career, etc. A very decent human being and Navy Leader. Just my .02C of course.

Shipmate Giordano has a 42% chance of making it through his investigation.

exNavyOffRec

"Giordano has sought to expand the privileges of his office, for example, by pushing his staff to ask the Navy to issue him his own fine china for hosting formal dinners at his home. He’s also repeatedly asked for additional staffers to take care of his basic personal needs."

YHGTBSM . . . . .

I met him once at the Pentagon while going to work. We were entering at the Mall Entrance. I was in civilian clothes and introduced myself with my rank and last name. He didn't have the time of day for me. Funny thing though, I routinely saw ADM Moran at the same entrance and he ALWAYS made the time to talk, ask about family, career, etc. A very decent human being and Navy Leader. Just my .02C of course.

Shipmate Giordano has a 42% chance of making it through his investigation.

This is what happens when you pick people who have the right boxes check vice can actually do the job, if the info in the story is somewhat accurate he needs to be fired.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Some of these guys start to think they're the same rank as the GOFOs they advise. In those positions, they are servants to every single Sailor out there busting their asses on the line. If they don't have that mindset, they need to move on.

I will say that the MCPON job does involve official entertaining, etc, so asking for the means to do that is not out of the norm, nor is having his staff take notes during meetings. But, if the guy has a fellow CPO tagging along to carry his cover, and he generally behaves like a douche bag, that is UNSAT and he has to go.

Bill Moran and I flew together in VP-45. He is a national treasure and I'm glad he's where he is today - making an impact.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
MCPON will probably be “forced” to retire and this will all go away.
This statement is a non-sequitur. Saying "this will all go away" implies it will be swept under the rug, but if he's fired, then he's being held accountable. What more do you want? Unless there's criminal activity involved, which doesn't seem to be the case, getting fired and retiring is the appropriate course of action.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This statement is a non-sequitur. Saying "this will all go away" implies it will be swept under the rug, but if he's fired, then he's being held accountable. What more do you want? Unless there's criminal activity involved, which doesn't seem to be the case, getting fired and retiring is the appropriate course of action.
UCMJ Article 93 said:
Any person subject to this chapter who is guilty of cruelty toward, or oppression or maltreatment of, any person subject to his orders shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.
I wasn’t there. Don’t know whether or not it’s applicable. But one would assume a properly-run investigation would decide whether or not to rule that out. Not to mention that some of the allegations around demands for government travel may amount to suborning the commission of a crime, if substantiated. The example of CAPT Graf comes to mind.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That is a huge fucking stretch. He’s not going to be charged for being a dick.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That is a huge fucking stretch. He’s not going to be charged for being a dick.
No, he shouldn’t be charged just for being a dick. All I’m saying is the initial reporting seems decidedly Graf-ish. And Graf, IIRC, got hit with an Article 93 Admiral’s Mast and a general discharge. Throwing coffee cups . . . slamming doors at people. Demanding dog walks . . . demanding excessive government travel.

Are the cases the same? I have no clue. I wasn’t there and I’m not the investigating officer. I didn’t say he should definitely be charged or even have to stand before the mast. All I said was a thorough investigation would need to decide whether or not his alleged dickishness rises to that level. Especially the allegations about travel demands. We’ll see what happens.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
FFS. They might even find a corpse or two buried in his backyard. :rolleyes:

Clearly, anything is possible, but from what we know from the story, doesn’t seem like criminal charges are forthcoming, and until we know more, not particularly constructive for discussion. Either way, Flash Jr., my point remains. Rufio’s statement is nonsensical.

exNavyOffRec

FFS. They might even find a corpse or two buried in his backyard. :rolleyes:

Clearly, anything is possible, but from what we know from the story, doesn’t seem like criminal charges are forthcoming, and until we know more, not particularly constructive for discussion. Either way, Flash Jr., my point remains. Rufio’s statement is nonsensical.

I was kind of thinking the same as @RUFiO181 that the MCPON will just be forced to retire and this will go away, but not go away as in swept under the run, go away as in the person is gone.

I still think if he did what they say he should be fired, kind of let any future MCPON's know you can't pull this shit.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You seem to be drawing a distinction between being fired and being forced to retire. I think those are the same thing. Either way it’s a DFC.