• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MCP question?

SSGTmurphy

Hi I have a couple questions that I cant seem to find the answers to on the board and was wondering if someone could help me out or post a link.

I have been in the marines for 6 years and am wanting to apply for MCP. I have a 50 on my ACT and 5/6/5 on my ASTB. I will be done with my associates in Feb and another year and 1/2 from there I will have my BS in aviation studies.

The questions I have are first, where can I find the format for a letter of recommendation from my prior CO's? Also how many letters of recommendation should I get?

Now since I wont have my BS by the time I apply next year, if selected would I continue on with my unit while I finished school.

To be honest I would really just appreciate any links or information anyone had on MCP or ECP.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
I'm sure that you can find all kinds of info on this site using the search function...

All of the MECEP's that I go to school with go to school full time and are members of the NROTC unit, so no, you don't stay with your unit while you finish.

SSGTmurphy

I didnt want to do MECEP due to wanting to go on the next deployment with my unit and the fact that I am already 25. I was under the impression that if I did MCP or even ECP I would be able to get done faster.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
My bad...I thought MECEP was MCP. I'm not an expert on the matter anyway. What you could do is use the search funtion, or google like I just did. You should find your answer in paragraph 6...

http://www.marines.mil/news/messages/Pages/MARADMIN0253-09.aspx

PER REF (C), MCP CANDIDATES WHO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE OCS WILL REPORT TO AND ATTEND A NAVAL RESERVE OFFICER TRAINING CORPS (NROTC) AFFILIATED COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY FULL-TIME AND BE APPOINTED A SECOND LIEUTENANT UPON COMPLETION OF THEIR DEGREE REQUIREMENTS. MCP CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE NROTC PROGRAM. MCP CANDIDATES ATTENDING AND PARTICIPATING IN THE NROTC DRILLS AND LABORATORIES ARE PROVIDED THE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT REQUIRED TO MAKE THE TRANSITION TO THE COMMISSIONED OFFICER RANKS. THE MCP IS GOVERNED BY THE SAME RULES AND REGULATIONS AS THE MARINE CORPS ENLISTED COMMISSIONING AND EDUCATION PROGRAM. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN REF (C) THAT OUTLINES CHANGES TO THE MCP WILL BE INCORPORATED INTO THE REVISION OF REF (A). SOME SCHOOLS MAY NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FOR EARLY ADMISSION. MCP SELECTEES ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY TO MORE THAN ONE NROTC AFFILIATED SCHOOL FOR ADMISSION PRIOR TO SUBMISSION OF THEIR APPLICATION TO MCP. ONLY NROTC AFFILIATED SCHOOLS WILL BE ACCEPTED. WAIVERS TO ATTEND NON NROTC AFFILIATED SCHOOLS WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED. ACCEPTANCE LETTERS MUST INDICATE THAT THE SELECTEE WILL BE ABLE TO COMPLETE THEIR BACHELORS DEGREE WITHIN 18 MONTHS. AN ACCEPTANCE LETTER FROM ONE OF THE NROTC AFFILIATED UNIVERSITIES IS DUE NLT 20 APR 09 TO MCRC (ON-E). ORDERS WILL BE ISSUED WHEN ACCEPTANCE LETTER HAS BEEN RECEIVED AND SELECTEE IS DETERMINED PHYSICALLY QUALIFIED. ORDERS WILL NOT BE MODIFIED TO REFLECT A DIFFERENT NROTC AFFILIATED COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY ONCE ASSIGNMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE. THE WEBSITE FOR THE NROTC SCHOOLS LISTING IS HTTPS:(SLASH SLASH)WWW.NROTC.NAVY.MIL(SLASH)COLLEGES.CFM.