• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

marines dress blues

FlyinRock

No point. I'm just confused by some of what you posted above. Is the Corps as fierce-as-ever, or a victim of touchy-feelyness? If it's as fierce-as-ever, then what have we lost by conceding that "bloodstriping" is a little silly and somewhat useless?
I never conceded. YOU lose. I suspect a lack of history awareness and a too liberal education may be cause for your reply? I do not wish to attack you in this forum.
It is futile to discuss this one on this forum.
semper Fi
Rocky I am a Marine and will not back down.

FlyinRock

So what? Are you so adamant against gays that you attack anyone who disagrees with you? I have known some pretty damned dangerous gay gunfighters and brawlers and they are aware if they make a pass at me they are toast. I think this discussion between us is better done someplace else.
Semper Fi
Rocky

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
So what? Are you so adamant against gays that you attack anyone who disagrees with you? I have known some pretty damned dangerous gay gunfighters and brawlers and they are aware if they make a pass at me they are toast. I think this discussion between us is better done someplace else.
Semper Fi
Rocky

I haven't attacked anyone, I believe you hold the patent on that tactic. I apologize for offending you and wish you the best.

FlyinRock

I haven't attacked anyone, I believe you hold the patent on that tactic. I apologize for offending you and wish you the best.
Yeh I am a Marine. I respectfully accept your apology.
Semper Fi
Rocky
p.s, I am watching your back door....
(just kidding)

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Photo notwithstanding...... my son and I kiss on the mouth and I can see a photo of us just like this. And your point is ...?
Semper Fi
Rocky
I hope you don't use tongue and jump in each other's arms like these two.
The USMC is the modern day version of the Spartans.
Of course the ancient Spartans (Greeks) liked gay sex too.

Seriously, I'd say the SEALS, Force Recon, Delta Force or Green Berets are the modern version of the Spartan warrior capability. To say the entire Marines are is rather presumptious and short sighted.

I'm just as proud of my service in the Navy as you are of yours in the Marines. Get over yourself.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I'm more annoyed by the PDA in uniform aspect. Could not care less about what their relationship is.
PDA in uniform is to be expected when coming back from a deployment, especially a combat one. Have you never kissed your wife or girlfriend in that situation? If not and you had one, how was the fight?

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
FWIW My wife of 24 years was pissed when she first saw that picture (read this in a Filipina accent) " That's boola, you got yelled at for holding my hand and I still gotta carry my own umbrella, He look like he gonna throw him on the table!"

FlyinRock

I hope you don't use tongue and jump in each other's arms like these two.
Of course the ancient Spartans (Greeks) liked gay sex too.

Seriously, I'd say the SEALS, Force Reco, Delta Force or Green Berets are the modern version of the Spartan warrior capability. To say the entire Marines are is rather presumptious and short sighted.

I'm just as proud of my service in the Navy as you are of yours in the Marines. Get over yourself.
What a butthead
Can you see them doing tongue? Perhaps you have some personal experience that the rest of us are lacking? Yes I would hope all members of the different services are proud of it. It seems the USMC has an overall jump on the rest.
Semper fi
Rocky

FlyinRock

I'm with HAL on this one. After being married to someone in the Navy for the last 6 years, I can tell you that you're dead wrong. We're more cultish, but do not have a greater amount pride than other servicemembers...
Interservice rivalry aside, I don't often see any of the other services being able to recognize each other and giving an OooRahh, or Anchors Aweigh, or WhooAw, Zoom or whatever they say. It amuses me and reafirms my point when total strangers say, "Are you a Marine?". I sure know when the USMC birthday is and the annual ball. Do any other services do it? Can any other service members recite when their services were originated? Long after active duty, who stays involved with their branch of service aside from saying they served? And I might add they served proudly and honorably and certainly not to denigrate their service.
Marines are quick to recognize each other and are not ashamed to say "Semper Fi" or "OooRah" in passing. I respect the other services and their contribution to what we all do. The USMC is, and always will be, unique.
Semper Fi
Rocky

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
^You're a legend in your own mind. Glad that works for you. You're like the star high school quarterback who is still living his football days 30 years later....

Make sure you kneel down and say your "Yut, Yuts" at bedtime every night.

The USMC is, and always will be, unique.
Unique is different, not better. And by definition, every service is unique.

FlyinRock

^You're a legend in your own mind. Glad that works for you. You're like the star high school quarterback who is still living his football days 30 years later....

Make sure you kneel down and say your "Yut, Yuts" at bedtime every night.

Unique is different, not better. And by definition, every service is unique.
Thanks for the chuckles dude

Criminal

God's personal hacky sack
pilot
---Had to back FlyinRock on this one.... and was feeling a bit cynical but
Seriously though,
Most military people across the board are proud of their service. But I would say, in my limited experience, that Marines do have a bit more service love & bond/camaraderie. Both while active and long long after. Reasons for that are varied, yes through our traditions, hardships, and assorted stupid shit we do (both self inflicted and higher-up sponsored).