• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine to Coast Guard

Satyr

Are any of you Coast Guard Aviators out there transitions from Marine Aviation? I am nearing the end of my contract with the Marine Corps (CH-53E) and am considering sending an application for DCA. Just looking for some general input as far as how the application process went for you, and generally how you are liking life on the other side, either good or bad....how long did it take to be promoted to O-3 again, how the promotion process works, how does the flying and mission(s) compare in the CG to what you did in the Marine Corps, are you expected to do an "out of cockpit tour" / B-billet, any information you have would be great.

Thanks

CGPILOT

Devil Dog, Th CG is a great route. You can expect promotion back to O-3 in 2.5-3 years. We fly about 300-350 hrs a year, depending on the unit. A non flying tour after your first operational tour is not required. Some guys go their whole career without doing one. Drop me an e-mail at:
cgpilot65@yahoo.com and I'll forward your questions to a former Marine helo bubba also. I was an enlisted grunt.