• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Corps Aviator process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hampton

What is the process from start to finish to be selected as a Marine Corps aviator? Are you guarateed a slot to pilot training? Does anyone know the average drop for jets out of pilot training? How many Marines are typically in a flight training class? Can the NAVY offer the same flight slot guarantee that the Marines offer? What are some main differences between the Navy and the Marines? Thanks for your help.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Originally posted by Hampton
Can the NAVY offer the same flight slot guarantee that the Marines offer? What are some main differences between the Navy and the Marines?

I was wondering the same things.

NuSnake

all of this is discussed on the forum somewhere....just take a look around and youll find it.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
- Jimi Hendrix

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I hate those kind of responses too Hampton. BDCPUAH is right, but still wish that it could be just easily posted here. I understand though. Later.

"For he who serves his fellows, is among his fellows greatest."
- Meteu -

tali264

The reason people tell you that's it's been posted and go do some research is because after you've been hanging around here for a long time you find people keep asking the same questions over and over. Nothing personal.

NuSnake

tali's vast wisdom shines through!!! she is correct!!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
- Jimi Hendrix

ghost_ttu

tali and wisdom in the same sentence? hmmmm Guys as for being the MC aviator, I would say either search this forum, or go talk to your OSO. Either will be successful.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

Adrenaline Rush

Let me give Hampton a quick and dirty answer...Yes both the Navy and the Marines can guarantee you a flight spot (provided you only apply for pilot with the navy)..The main difference between the two branches in my eyes is incredible..As a Marine Corps Officer you are expected to Lead Marines, you have to be able to do everything enlisted Marines do, as well as be able to Lead them...If you attrite from the Marines you will be changed to a Ground MOS, It seems as if in the Navy if you cant be a fly boy, then they dont want you

I'd Rather Be A Lion For One Day, Than Be A Sheep For A Thousand Years

It Is Our Duty To Protect The Best Nation In The World

Status
Not open for further replies.