• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Air contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfulginiti

pilot
None

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor

phrogpilot73

Keep a copy of the SF86 after you turn it in. Every 5 years you need to update your clearance and having the old version really helps when they ask for you previous addresses from the last 10 years.
Sounds like you've got a TS, which is a reinvestigation every 5 years, and your info going back 10. Secret is 10 years, and info only going back 7.

Eddie757

AJB37

Luckily I live 10 minutes from Miramar in San Diego, so I just need to walk in there for an appointment. Haha and yea, I dont need to have my physical done for a while, but my OSO said it takes about 7 months to go through so get it completed now.

Yep, Miramar is where I was sent when I went through the San Diego OSO.

HakTX

I've been trying to find this thread but have not had any luck... does anyone have any info about the OCC 204/205 air contracts? how many are left/ is 204 closed?

thanks

jtmedli

pilot
I've been trying to find this thread but have not had any luck... does anyone have any info about the OCC 204/205 air contracts? how many are left/ is 204 closed?

thanks

204 is closed for air/law/ground for OCC. 205 is going to be extremely competitive (read: 285+ PFT and a very good package to get in, from my OSO).

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone know how many air contracts are given every month?

It doesn't work that way (ie a monthly allocation) so the number would be meaningless. It would be more indicative of opportunity to know how many they are forecasting for upcoming OCC (or PLC) dates. The Naval Academy and NROTC are pumping graduates into flight school annually and OCS is used to fill leftover slots and as a tool to increase or decrease the inputs into the pipeline hence periodic "dry spells" in contracts for OCC. Those who delay submitting packages could find themselves waiting a long time or seeing a window close if age is an issue.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I don't have the most current gouge, but generally they'll only give age waivers for prior enlisted, and usually for no more years than you were enlisted for.

eurotrash

USMC SNA
Are there any waivers going through for being over 29?

Just from prior experience, a prior Gunny in my TBS class won a competitive Air Contract, but Manpower wouldn't approve his Waiver because he was 29 a month or two before he commissioned.

pump

I don't have the most current gouge, but generally they'll only give age waivers for prior enlisted, and usually for no more years than you were enlisted for.

I am currently enlisted (8 1/2 years in). Planning on MECEP, and (if accepted) would graduate around 31.

Status
Not open for further replies.