• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Majors and 2 year scholarships..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecks

Are 2 year NROTC scholarships only given to those with an engineering major? Reason asking: a friend of mine has a nursing major and she holds a 4.0 (no BS). She wants to fly in the Navy but her nor I am sure if that's possible with her major. She also does a lot of community service and she's in Army ROTC with me. Are pilot slots only given to those with an engineering major? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
from what i found out, although the navy wants eng majors, they also want doctors and nurses. reason being, b/c there is a shortage of nurses def. a capt/doctor told me that the only reason why he made capt in like 15 years was b/c the military want doctors to stay instead of going to civilian practice; the military promotes doctors faster b/c the military needs them. i don't know about nurses, b/c i'm sure they're the same as doctors.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
It does not matter what your major is. Engineers are a bit more competitive but the amount is cancelled out by their generally lower GPAs.
You should tell your friend that the navy also offers Nursing NROTC scholarships.

Status
Not open for further replies.