• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

M-4 Bayonet

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Just found this tonight, thought I might share it with you guys. Forgive me if this is old news....

Extended USGI M7 Bayonet for 16 inch Barrels - with Factory New M10 Sheath

New production USGI M7 with extension for mounting on 16" barrels with bayonet lug.

These were custom built by the U.S. mfr of the M7 for DoD. Each knife has a welded extension (under the grips) that extends the length and allows use on 16" barrels for carbine AR's. The handle gap is filled by using an extra portion of handle that match the
existing full length handle. The latches are peened (permanently attached).

M7extwmk.jpg

M7ext2wmk.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
O.K. ... gottcha now, I saw "M4" bayonet in the thread title and thought ... "M1 Carbine". I guess you meant M7, M9, or M11 bayonet for the M16/M4.

M4 Bayonets and scabbards (below) ... good ones are very collectible ... I like. :)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I actually thought the same thing initially, especially after one of my sim instructors gave me a long lesson on bayonets.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Yeah... well, now I can finally put something on that bayonet lug that liberals cry over... It makes me feel warm and tingly to know that for a small price I can not only make my carbine look even more bad@ss, but keep a gun hater up at night.