• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking into Navy OCS with goals of pilot, some questions about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double_D

Like the title says, I want to be a pilot in the navy and have some questions about it. About me, I'm 25 male, bachelors of science in kinesiology from Iowa State University, GPA 2.31. I can pass the physical screening test and I can study for the actual test you take. No flight hours recorded, but I've spent a lot of time flying in planes and I have a passion for the area.

So, what is the process of joining Navy OCS, especially for those wanting a pilot slot? Specifically, a fighter or fixed wing spot?

I tried to join AF OCS for piloting as well, but AF is very competitive and my GPA held me back. Will that be the case here?

Do I go to my local navy recruiter, or who do I speak to? I live in Iowa if that helps.

Any answers to these questions or general advice is very appreciated, thanks!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Like the title says, I want to be a pilot in the navy and have some questions about it. About me, I'm 25 male, bachelors of science in kinesiology from Iowa State University, GPA 2.31. I can pass the physical screening test and I can study for the actual test you take. No flight hours recorded, but I've spent a lot of time flying in planes and I have a passion for the area.

So, what is the process of joining Navy OCS, especially for those wanting a pilot slot? Specifically, a fighter or fixed wing spot?

I tried to join AF OCS for piloting as well, but AF is very competitive and my GPA held me back. Will that be the case here?

Do I go to my local navy recruiter, or who do I speak to? I live in Iowa if that helps.

Your GPA is too low for aviation as well as any other OCS program. Either check out other services or go back and earn a graduate degree where that GPA can superscede the undergrad.

Last edited:

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor

Not trying to be cruel here, but considering your age and GPA I recommend you consider the Army as a warrant officer pilot.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That GPA is not only not competitive, it's well below the minimum to even be considered for Navy OCS.

The rest of your questions are routine and can be answered with a review of the OCS stickied threads on this board and/or a quick google search for "Navy OCS requirements." We try to limit these new-guy-basic-questions threads because they've been asked and answered many times and repeating them just clogs up the boards. Good luck to you, closing this out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.