• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for helo gouge

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
usmcnole said:
If you want to live someplace decent, and not in an apartment, go to a realtor to get help you find a place to live. I can't stress that enough. Realtors have access to the MLS system in which they can find all kinds of houses for rent. It'll take only a small portion of your time and you'll find a better house for less money than you'll spend on an apartment. Apartment living sucks, and I would highly recommend getting a real estate agent to help you out. Also, if you have a few buddies you want to live with, this works out really well.

If you can afford it, it is always a good idea to buy a house. There's plenty on the market right now and you won't be throwing your money away.

Great advice, I went thru a realtor here in Corpus and got a great place on the island, just a little more than an apartment and much more space.

phrogpilot73

ChuckMK23 said:
SNA's would do the weirdest things on 10x's - like split the field wrong after doing it competently for 9 flights in a row...uggh. I mean dumb sh*t like that.

That sounds eerily familiar... Didn't get a single pink sheet in flight school... Until my check ride in HT's. Split the field wrong... :D

As for where to live in Whiting, some people live in Pace so they don't have a very long drive, I still lived in Pensacola. I scored a pretty sweet 1 bedroom, 1 1/2 bathroom loft apartment for something like $400 a month. Creekside apartments if I remember correctly. Very military friendly, all my neighbors were guys in HT's with me.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Believe it or not, there's actually quite a few places to live around Whiting. I found a house about 10min from base, rooming with someone I knew from college. Some other guys from Corpus showed up here on Friday night, and found a totally empty house to rent in less than 12 hours. Wasn't nearly as bad as it was made out to be.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I showed up w/ a CNATRA date of 7 Sept., but they moved me up to 19 Aug. And 4days later, they pushed me back to 26 Aug. I think that overall it's running about a month or so. Although, they have pushed a buddy of mine back three times already, though. The Helo pool's pretty small right now, so it's anyone's guess as to why.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Straight from the skeds ofice at HT-8 - all sim issues have been ironed out and your only wait might be a 3 or so week one at the wing coupled with a week (MAYBE - I wouldn't count on it) waiting for an onwing to free up.