• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for Aviation Working Greens

Angry

NFO in Jax
None
Hello all,

Looking to see if anyone has a set of aviation working greens they would be willing to part with - our wardroom is kicking around the idea of a throwback picture and possible dining out and I figure they would be a welcome addition. I've tried Ebay and the Thrift store to no avail - if anyone who has a set they would be willing to sell or knows of a place to acquire them please let me know.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
For the purposes of your photo, a set of green Marine trousers will suffice. In fact, when I ordered AWG trousers from Abbotts in 2008, that's what they gave me - difference is the back pocket flaps. Then you just need a basic black tie (not silk) and a green cover. The cover's different from a Marine one, but again, a Marine one might work for the photo. Oh, and a working khaki shirt. Those might be more common because they were required (I think) before NWU.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
For the purposes of your photo, a set of green Marine trousers will suffice. In fact, when I ordered AWG trousers from Abbotts in 2008, that's what they gave me - difference is the back pocket flaps. Then you just need a basic black tie (not silk) and a green cover. The cover's different from a Marine one, but again, a Marine one might work for the photo. Oh, and a working khaki shirt. Those might be more common because they were required (I think) before NWU.

This is what we did in my first squadron, since you already have the leather jacket, brown shoes and black tie that shouldn't be an issue. The working khaki shirt and either cover might be more of an issue if you want to go that far, the NEX used to sell the covers but don't anymore and the working khaki shirt...? Just for purposes of the photo you could probably get away with wearing a short sleeve khaki shirt with a tie and leather jacket and no cover.

All that said, I think I may still have a size 38 or 40 aviator green jacket with LT stripes in my closet if someone wants to borrow it.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Try the Marine Corps Exchange website. It looks like you can order the marine version of the long sleeve shirt and trousers if you click on enlisted uniforms. $71 for the shirt though, so not exactly cheap. You should also be able to find the cover there too. I third the idea of doing the greens with the leather jacket.