• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Look what followed me home

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Finally pulled the trigger and joined the 1911 crowd. Figured this year was as good as any, especially with the centennial. I debated long and hard over getting a Colt but something about the Springfield just drew my eye.

1.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg

jtmedli

pilot
I dig it. I've been checking out the Rock Island Armory 1911's for a fun shooter. They seem almost too good to be true for the price.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I like my SA Loaded. It's accurate as hell, comfortable, and sturdy enough to repeatedly bludgeon an assailant in the head if I run dry. I kind of wish that it was stainless, but for $600, slightly used, I'll take it. It's my current grass cutting pistol, hung in one of the old school flavor 'tanker' holsters. My neighbors love it.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
I dig it. I've been checking out the Rock Island Armory 1911's for a fun shooter. They seem almost too good to be true for the price.

I love my Rock Island. I've got their Compact and carry it as my daily CCW (when I dont have to go in to base), and I use it at the range in tactical drills regularly. Accurate, reliable, and inexpensive. If you do some research you will see that some of them dont like Kimber mags. Of course finding the right magazine will cure a good percentage of problems with all 1911's. You dont have to pay $1000 for a good gun, and just because you spend over a grand doesn't mean you are getting something thats any better.

jtmedli

pilot
I love my Rock Island. I've got their Compact and carry it as my daily CCW (when I dont have to go in to base), and I use it at the range in tactical drills regularly. Accurate, reliable, and inexpensive. If you do some research you will see that some of them dont like Kimber mags. Of course finding the right magazine will cure a good percentage of problems with all 1911's. You dont have to pay $1000 for a good gun, and just because you spend over a grand doesn't mean you are getting something thats any better.

Saw them at Eglin AFB down here and they looked on par, if not better, with half the other stuff in the case. Might have ride over this weekend and pick up one for myself.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I like my SA Loaded. It's accurate as hell, comfortable, and sturdy enough to repeatedly bludgeon an assailant in the head if I run dry. I kind of wish that it was stainless, but for $600, slightly used, I'll take it.

I contemplated getting my Colt 1911 refinished. It's just a standard parkerized finish that I've had since I was 18. I found what looked like a good place that does that coating like what's on the two-tone Sigs (among other finishes), but never actually followed up to get a price. Maybe another time.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Finally pulled the trigger and joined the 1911 crowd. Figured this year was as good as any, especially with the centennial. I debated long and hard over getting a Colt but something about the Springfield just drew my eye.

That sucks man. I hate it when random things follow me home. So, since I'm such a good guy, I'll take it off your hands, give it a good home. Really this is a sweet deal for you. You are a busy person, about to go to the fight, you don't have time to care and feed for such a charge. Let me help you, help yourself.

Do the right thing.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Its
That sucks man. I hate it when random things follow me home. So, since I'm such a good guy, I'll take it off your hands, give it a good home. Really this is a sweet deal for you. You are a busy person, about to go to the fight, you don't have time to care and feed for such a charge. Let me help you, help yourself.

Do the right thing.

My what a classy guy, thanks for watching out for me!

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Have you put any rounds thru it yet? I'm interested in the range officer, but also like the Ruger SR1911. Trying to pick between the two...