• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lockheed Martin Whistle Blower

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So the guy just put that video up on the web and that's his strategy? It sounds, from the video, as though his claims are a bit exaggerated. There's a very fine line between a legitimate whistle-blower and a disgruntled employee with an axe to grind.

Brett

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Might as well send a mass email on NMCI...I doubt this will raise much concerns. A legitimate whistleblower should know his legal recourse...

Depending on the institution, not necessarily. In academia, nothing happens without media coverage to light a fire under their pants.

Not rationalizing his actions, just giving some perspective.

And despite how cheesy it is, it's working; people are talking about it; it's on slashdot. Too early to tell if it'll sputter or not but he's getting eyeballs.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
In academia, nothing happens without media coverage to light a fire under their pants.

That's because, IMHO, most academia staff are nutjobs to start with and have lost an objective view of "real world" situations. It's become their jobs to Monday morning quarterback, write a 200-page "how I would have done this differently from my cozy laz-e-boy atop tenure hill" tell-all that makes them millions (mostly from voyeuristic Americans in Oprah's bookclub) and allows little to no recourse from those that employ him and those that pay him (us).

it's on slashdot.

Not trying to tug on your cape, but I hope that that's as far as it goes. This jacka$$ needs to go about this the proper way if he's truly, legitimately concerned for the end-users of LM products.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
I have no knowledge of the legal structure involved but it sounded like he did alot before resorting to this statement. He goes into detail about the several years of fighting the system.

He's not military, and he sounds like a person that cares about what he is doing and that he had no other recourse. I've known too many people that want to sweep certain things under the rug, and even when the higher authorities are alerted, the broom just changes hands. I consider myself a realist and I truly believe that, especially today, this is a viable option.

And if its not true then the whistle will be blown on him

I guess I just cant see what harm is being done by him trying to talk to the public.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
That's because, IMHO, most academia staff are nutjobs to start with and have lost an objective view of "real world" situations. It's become their jobs to Monday morning quarterback, write a 200-page "how I would have done this differently from my cozy laz-e-boy atop tenure hill" tell-all that makes them millions (mostly from voyeuristic Americans in Oprah's bookclub) and allows little to no recourse from those that employ him and those that pay him (us).

I'm not talking about professors, I'm talking about university administrators who'll sweep EVERYTHING under the rug if they can get away with it.

Hell, most universities try to run rape investigations through internal channels so it's not reported in the municipal statistics.