• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lock & Load???

Birdman

The 5.56 round is extra lethal because it tumbles in flight. This allows it to kill civilians as it crashes through buildings. Special green tipped ammo used by coalition forces is heatseaking and goes for the heads of its victims, mainly children.

You mocking someone or something? Or what's this from?

Old NFO

None
FMRAM said:
Alright this I have GOT to see...

Does anyone have any links to these weapons?
Here's the selectable fire M-2 (and NOT the .50 cal version) the M-2 Carbine...
They are a Class 3 weapon, and dang hard to find, and the 30 round mags are just about impossible to find (at least real ones are).
And yes, A4 is correct, John Wayne screwed it up, or the writers did. Just like LBJ and the RS-71 which he mis-pronounced as the SR-71 so the Air Farce change the designation, rather than correct him...sigh...;)

Attachments

• m2car.jpg
    m2car.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 37

snort

Banned
A4sForever said:
Of course, Hollywood b@stardized it when John Wayne shouted "lock and load !!" in the 1949 "Sands of Iwo Jima" as was pointed out previously in another post. And if Hollywood has a chance to "b@stardize" something regarding firearms ... well ... they ususally pick up on the opportunity, yes??? :)
I thought the Duke was probably the originator. I should've known better.

Nice research. :)

FlyingBeagle

pilot
Since we're talking about WWII weapons, anyone own a Mauser? My buddy and I each bought one during highschool. I think they were only 20 bucks or something, and we got free shipping ordering 2. It ended up costing us more to do the background check and give the FFL dealer a commission than it did to buy the rifles. Pretty sweet deal if you can still get it. That sucker will put a hole through a dump truck. . . that is if the surplus ammo goes off on the first trigger pull :eek:

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
FlyingBeagle said:
Since we're talking about WWII weapons, anyone own a Mauser? My buddy and I each bought one during highschool. I think they were only 20 bucks or something, and we got free shipping ordering 2. It ended up costing us more to do the background check and give the FFL dealer a commission than it did to buy the rifles. Pretty sweet deal if you can still get it. That sucker will put a hole through a dump truck. . . that is if the surplus ammo goes off on the first trigger pull :eek:

Czech Mauser model 24/47

willy victor

The 5.56 round is extra lethal because it tumbles in flight. This allows it to kill civilians as it crashes through buildings. Special green tipped ammo used by coalition forces is heatseaking and goes for the heads of its victims, mainly children.

You mocking someone or something? Or what's this from?

Thats why Robert Lewis was only a Captain

Willy Victor