• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lifestyle MV-22 Osprey Pilot?

User1993

Wow. 30 minutes ago I was sitting in my living room thinking "I wonder why the thought of being an Osprey pilot has never come through my mind? In that new tina fey "tango fox trot" movie they used one to rescue her boyfriend. What a badass mission to fly. I wonder where those guys end up being stationed? I'm gonna log onto airwarriors and get some answers." Found my answer, and a whole lotta entertainment. JJAX, did you ever make it? Or are you a cowboy millionaire astronaut by now?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Wow. 30 minutes ago I was sitting in my living room thinking "I wonder why the thought of being an Osprey pilot has never come through my mind? In that new tina fey "tango fox trot" movie they used one to rescue her boyfriend. What a badass mission to fly. I wonder where those guys end up being stationed? I'm gonna log onto airwarriors and get some answers." Found my answer, and a whole lotta entertainment. JJAX, did you ever make it? Or are you a cowboy millionaire astronaut by now?

Tl;dr the rest of the thread but,

I think this is the first time I've ever seen the Osprey and badass in the same sentence... I can only presume it's because Tina Fey is thrown into the mix.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Tl;dr the rest of the thread but,

I think this is the first time I've ever seen the Osprey and badass in the same sentence... I can only presume it's because Tina Fey is thrown into the mix.

Says the guy with a 1950s airliner in his avatar... Delivering 24 Marines from ship to shore at 220 knots and landing in an LZ? It's not bombs and rockets, but I'd say it's pretty badass.

phrogdriver

pilot
Super Moderator
We've gone down this road before.

Long story short, it's not a great idea unless we're willing to invest sufficient airframes and training time to the mission.

If a KC-130 can do it, a V-22 certainly can given the training and resources.

formerJJAX107

"JJax did you ever make it??"
....Did I ever lol? I heard there was some ramblings about me from 12 years ago that I needed to address from a high school friend who is now been an USMC Osprey pilot going on 11 years now. So here it is :

Soon after leaving this forum, I took the ASVAB and scored a 93. I could have accepted any military job and went into any Branch, but I ultimately decided to join the Army ROTC and since it had the shortest summer AIT to get me back into college in-time for Fall Semester, I decided to become an Army Engineer. This made me a 3rd Generation Army soldier in my family. "Essayons!" ...It was very close between The Army and the USMC (I even was involved in a USMC Officer program for a period of time). I ultimately decided on the Army due to the negative experiences I was receiving in the Naval/USMC community (including this site). I never got treated and talked down like yall did me here on neither Air Force-based nor Army-based forums and communities. So at the end of the day, I would like to say "Thank You". You all pushed me in the right direction and to the right Branch of Service!

I went on to get special leadership awards the recognitions throughout my Army training, then shortly after AIT I got word my Army National Guard unit was going to Afghanistan. Since I did not have time to enter into a new ROTC contract, I had to deploy with the NG unit assigned to me. I served in combat zones in Afghanistan in 2013-2014. I served under 101st Airborne and 10th Mountain and also earned their patches as well. Upon return I did not return to ROTC and decided to focus on finishing my Bachelors Degree instead. I worked at aviation museums and considered changing my MOS to some type of military aviation career but was not qualified due to medical reasons. So I decided on Honorable Discharge and less than 2 years later I completed my Masters Degree.

Long story short, in the past several years I have Produced and Directed films and documentaries (natural leadership), I settled down and matured to now being a married man with kids, but most of all I started a career in the Airlines Industry. I started out in Crew Scheduling (you pilots needed me), went to Dispatch school (you pilots need me even more lol), and pretty soon I will be an Airline Executive (having a say in hiring decisions on what military pilots and veterans to bring into our organization).

No, I did not reach my goal of becoming a pilot but Im pretty content having the qualifications of being a "pilot on the ground", and the respect I get from this position. Now being a combat veteran myself, I can say I now have another level of respect for the service all of you have given towards this great Nation we call the USA. So thank you also for the sacrifices Im sure many of you have made. I can also admit has a 38 year old man now I have made mistakes and would go about things much differently today. Was I too prideful? Very. I should have been more respectful. But were many of yall here without blame? No, I still feel most of you who responded to me were very out of line. You dont look down on people or talk to them any kind of way just because you have the power to do so. We all come from different levels and walks of life. Only a handful of military aviation students and pilots realized that on this site 13 years ago. The question I asked has tons of resources online available to lookup now, not the case back in 2011 haha. You all responded to me like I was too dumb to research or not capable to do anything aviation-related, this is what offended me and caused the bad vibes on here.

The moral of all this (and in life) is to never put your boot on the neck of someone and talk down to them because one day you might be looking up at them and need them. You never know what someone will end up becoming in life. As an African American in the aviation industry, I get the side-eye from some because they assume Blacks in aviation are not qualified. I paid my dues and I do everything the right way.

All this said, good luck out there gentlemen and I am sure I will see some of you around the way (If we havent already lol). Now I would like to bring closure to this thread and any others I had previously on this site from 2011.

*Signing Off*
FormerlyJJAX107

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
A true Phoenix story…rising from the ashes. I like seeing stories tied up at the end, so, thank you.

phrogdriver

pilot
Super Moderator
Wow
"JJax did you ever make it??"
....Did I ever lol? I heard there was some ramblings about me from 12 years ago that I needed to address from a high school friend who is now been an USMC Osprey pilot going on 11 years now. So here it is :

Soon after leaving this forum, I took the ASVAB and scored a 93. I could have accepted any military job and went into any Branch, but I ultimately decided to join the Army ROTC and since it had the shortest summer AIT to get me back into college in-time for Fall Semester, I decided to become an Army Engineer. This made me a 3rd Generation Army soldier in my family. "Essayons!" ...It was very close between The Army and the USMC (I even was involved in a USMC Officer program for a period of time). I ultimately decided on the Army due to the negative experiences I was receiving in the Naval/USMC community (including this site). I never got treated and talked down like yall did me here on neither Air Force-based nor Army-based forums and communities. So at the end of the day, I would like to say "Thank You". You all pushed me in the right direction and to the right Branch of Service!

I went on to get special leadership awards the recognitions throughout my Army training, then shortly after AIT I got word my Army National Guard unit was going to Afghanistan. Since I did not have time to enter into a new ROTC contract, I had to deploy with the NG unit assigned to me. I served in combat zones in Afghanistan in 2013-2014. I served under 101st Airborne and 10th Mountain and also earned their patches as well. Upon return I did not return to ROTC and decided to focus on finishing my Bachelors Degree instead. I worked at aviation museums and considered changing my MOS to some type of military aviation career but was not qualified due to medical reasons. So I decided on Honorable Discharge and less than 2 years later I completed my Masters Degree.

Long story short, in the past several years I have Produced and Directed films and documentaries (natural leadership), I settled down and matured to now being a married man with kids, but most of all I started a career in the Airlines Industry. I started out in Crew Scheduling (you pilots needed me), went to Dispatch school (you pilots need me even more lol), and pretty soon I will be an Airline Executive (having a say in hiring decisions on what military pilots and veterans to bring into our organization).

No, I did not reach my goal of becoming a pilot but Im pretty content having the qualifications of being a "pilot on the ground", and the respect I get from this position. Now being a combat veteran myself, I can say I now have another level of respect for the service all of you have given towards this great Nation we call the USA. So thank you also for the sacrifices Im sure many of you have made. I can also admit has a 38 year old man now I have made mistakes and would go about things much differently today. Was I too prideful? Very. I should have been more respectful. But were many of yall here without blame? No, I still feel most of you who responded to me were very out of line. You dont look down on people or talk to them any kind of way just because you have the power to do so. We all come from different levels and walks of life. Only a handful of military aviation students and pilots realized that on this site 13 years ago. The question I asked has tons of resources online available to lookup now, not the case back in 2011 haha. You all responded to me like I was too dumb to research or not capable to do anything aviation-related, this is what offended me and caused the bad vibes on here.

The moral of all this (and in life) is to never put your boot on the neck of someone and talk down to them because one day you might be looking up at them and need them. You never know what someone will end up becoming in life. As an African American in the aviation industry, I get the side-eye from some because they assume Blacks in aviation are not qualified. I paid my dues and I do everything the right way.

All this said, good luck out there gentlemen and I am sure I will see some of you around the way (If we havent already lol). Now I would like to bring closure to this thread and any others I had previously on this site from 2011.

*Signing Off*
FormerlyJJAX107
A decade-old zombie thread revived to give PP73 (long gone to IWAGR) a comeuppance?

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
On one hand I’m happy about his success in the military/afterwards.

On the other I’m left questioning why someone would let the “attitude” of a bunch of strangers on the internet convince them to not go aviation if that’s what they really want, and then would feel the need to come back and tell us how fucked up we are 13 years later.

It’s probably a good thing he didn’t go Marine Air. Lesson for the aspiring aviators, having a thin skin isn’t a recipe for success in military aviation.