• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Let's Get Mad at France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flash said:
But the reason I brought this up was the same El Cid mentioned. They do this and still get to criticize us for our involvement worldwide.

I hate to split hairs again (ahhhhh, no I don't), but many of the troops are there on a UN mandate and most of the French trrops were there long before the civil war started. The recent trouble started when some Ivory Coast government warplanes struck rebel positions in the north. They then bombed a French base and killed 9 or 10 French troops. UN mandate, that is the big difference that they would point out. Should we need the UN to sign off on our interventions? I personally don't think so. But many people around the world do, just trying to point out there side of the argument.

True, true. You win. How about a beer?

Sorry, it's late and I have to study but the alkeehol keeps calling.
:icon_smil

El Cid

You're daisy if you do.
akamifeldman said:
and i suppose Republicans don't also have pairs of rose-colored glasses?

"...we will be greeted as liberators with flowers and candy..."

Good point and I can't argue against that at all (p.s. don't believe everything you see on CNN, they really do like us over there, they're just scared the insurgants might win so they don't want to give full support because they're not used to the 'good guys' being around)... what I was really jabbing at is the "Let's get international support people" who say that Europe would have saved us from fighting. But when it's in Europe's interest it's ok to blast away? Seems kind of fishy.

rubicon

About a quarter of the soldiers in the Legion are French. Please do not post sterotypical B.S. about the French when you do not know what you are talking about.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
rubicon said:
About a quarter of the soldiers in the Legion are French. Please do not post sterotypical B.S. about the French when you do not know what you are talking about.

Who said that? Why so angry?

Just curious.

El Cid

You're daisy if you do.
snizo said:
"France Deploys Major Force in Ivory Coast"

uhm

1. France has a major force?

2. People take it seriously?

:D

Yeah man, have you ever seen what day old french bread can do to a tank... it's not pretty!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
rubicon said:

Everything I have read says that you have to be a foreigner to enlist in the Legion. Apparently a number of Frenchmen lie in order to get in the Legion anyways (a common lie is that they are from Belgium). That and most of their officers are French. As for the stereotypical BS about the French, some people are just having fun bashing the "cheese eating surrender monkeys" (Bart Simpson's words, not mine), lighten up a little.

freshy

Genius by birth. Slacker by choice.
pilot
Sweet pic.

Gotta love the perfectly sculpted flat top. Goes well with the eye wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.