• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lemoore Oceana or Miramar

BrittO

pilot
OK, i'm approaching the end of what at first, seemed a never ending journey and should be getting winged in a couple of months. I am looking for opinions on thr FRS at Oceana, Lemoore and also Miramar. I have heard fleeting comments about each but i would appreciate more insights from the forum.
Thanks

Yessir

Hooker
pilot
Dont kid yourself....there is no finish line

People tend to like Oceana and Miramar more than Lemoore.

The flying (from what I've heard) is better in Lemoore.

If that is more important to you than quality of life, I'm sure the smog filled skies of Central Valley would be good for you.

If you like having things to do on the weekend but dont mind dealing with ridiculous departure procedures and noise abatement rules then Miramar or Oceana would be your choice. WHich also leads into do you want to be stationed east or west coast or do you want rhinos vs. classics or do you want to have a chance of staying at the same base after the RAG. Lots to ponder

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
If you're Navy don't go to Miramar. All you'll do is torture yourself with the fact that you have to leave. Other than that, if you have to ask, enjoy Lemoore.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
Navy guy @ Miramar now. Love it. Hands down best place to be. Ranges are close, red air is close, weather is great 11 1/2 months out of the year = great flying. No one ever talked about Miramar when I was in the tracom. Come here, live the dream!

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
Miramar, Miramar, Miramar! Best kept secret in the Hornet community.

Once you get there, take as long as you can to get through the RAG!

Don't tell anyone, but that's why i purposely broke my left arm last weekend. I'll be damned if I'm leaving this place!

On a side note, I heard Beaufort was a good deal for Navy types too. I guess anything is better than Lemoore.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
What you old guys arn't realizing, is for a Navy guy Miramar is only about a 10 month stint at the RAG. Now getting their as a RAG instructor? That's like the holy grail for a Navy guy.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
What you old guys arn't realizing, is for a Navy guy Miramar is only about a 10 month stint at the RAG. Now getting their as a RAG instructor? That's like the holy grail for a Navy guy.
What you don't realize is that we "old guys" DO realize that .... like I said, NKX hands down. It's better than a day, a week, or a lifetime in the others ...