• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GOUGE Legacy Hornet - stick/grip (F-18C)

BigJeffray

Sans Remorse
pilot
Looks pretty damn good. FA-18s don't have the little scroll wheel below the "castle" switch where your thumb would go but that's minor. It's possible they did at some point (maybe a legacy guy can chime in). It's also possible that the little wheel is in the F-15 too, the two planes have essentially (exactly?) the same stick.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I always think it’s entertaining to see a trim hat labeled. Like . . . they all do the same thing, and it’s not like you look at it when you’re using it! ?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Looks pretty damn good. FA-18s don't have the little scroll wheel below the "castle" switch where your thumb would go but that's minor. It's possible they did at some point (maybe a legacy guy can chime in). It's also possible that the little wheel is in the F-15 too, the two planes have essentially (exactly?) the same stick.
Looks exactly like that in the harrier as well, also minus the extra little wheel

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I always think it’s entertaining to see a trim hat labeled. Like . . . they all do the same thing, and it’s not like you look at it when you’re using it! ?

There's a button on the cyclic that I fly now that I was never sure what it did, and I would only think about it when flying. There's a label on it, but because of the angle, I can't ever read the label when I'm flying and I immediately forget about it after landing. While in recurrent this week, I asked what it did. "It's inactive."

Guess that's why I never push it.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Like others have said, only difference is that little wheel next to the "recce button" just south of the trim coolie. F/A-18A-F all have the exact same stick (of different levels of wear), and none of them have that. But otherwise, it is an apparently near exact replica. I guess I'd have to feel it in my hand to know how real it actually was though.....size wise (cue VFA jokes)

nugget81

pilot
F/A-18A-F all have the exact same stick

Partly true...A-F all have the same design stick (buttons/switches in the same places) but there are different part numbers for legacy & supers. We had a jet in the RAG that the stick HOTAS didn’t work quite right, and we found out later that a legacy stick was installed instead of the super hornet stick. That was one of many issues that caused the great maintenance shutdown of 2014. Fun times...

darrylcn

Hi Chuck, as a civvie who's just happy to be here on AW, I watched a decent review of this stick from a fellow simmer recently, he covers a few of the differences between the PC and real deal stick here:

Interestingly he has questions about the real Hornet's stick ergonomics in that video, curious if anyone has any input on those, specifically at the 6:05 mark of the clip.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot

It is not in the F-15C. The Hornet and Eagle have the same stick, and very similar throttles. The HOTAS buttons and switches do not function in the same manner however.