• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Leg training and running

Srp7286

My OR said there were some people who had all their stuff in ready to go for final select, but they failed the PRT. Does that mean they couldn't even do the Satisfactory/Probationary? Or when applying to OCS is their a minimum score one must get before final select?

Srp7286

I hear for some reason everyone's times are significantly higher on the run in RI. I wonder why?

I'd think there's a higher sense of competition as soon as you arrive at OCS.

And you probably want to make a good impression on your In-PFA.

God knows you don't want to do poor as it will probably be just something else your DI can flip out on you for.

Viashino684

Final Select SNA
I'd think there's a higher sense of competition as soon as you arrive at OCS.

And you probably want to make a good impression on your In-PFA.

God knows you don't want to do poor as it will probably be just something else your DI can flip out on you for.

My prt for final select my run was fairly slow 11:45, ive been working on running and picking it up. I wanna at least run a 11:00 minute mile and a half and not look dead tired so the DI can claim im dehydrated, then build upon that. But as said earlier, i dont see how people failed the prt. Hell the guy who watched my prt said some people couldn't even touch their toes from the sitting position

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Hell the guy who watched my prt said some people couldn't even touch their toes from the sitting position

I can't. I've got legs up to my armpits. I personally think that the flexibility portion of the PRT is complete and utter bullshit, but I don't have much ground to stand on.

But I can smoke the shit out of the rest of it.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Find your nearest Crossfit gym and workout there until you leave. You WILL get faster, stronger and become a better athlete with little to no risk of injury.

This is bullshit. Crossfit is a high intensity program that has you doing many exercises you probably haven't done before. If you don't do them properly, or if you over do it (which can happen very easily) you will injure yourself.

Crossfit doesn't need a spokesman. Perhaps you should check your info.

Wow, I've been a dick lately. Only 6 weeks left at TBS... :)

MidWestEwo

None
My prt for final select my run was fairly slow 11:45, ive been working on running and picking it up. I wanna at least run a 11:00 minute mile and a half and not look dead tired so the DI can claim im dehydrated, then build upon that. But as said earlier, i dont see how people failed the prt. Hell the guy who watched my prt said some people couldn't even touch their toes from the sitting position

I had a hard time touching my toes too. It really bothers my lower back.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
I had a hard time touching my toes too. It really bothers my lower back.

What is really retarded is that if they fail you for not being able to touch your toes, they put you on remedial PT. And what do you do in remedial PT? Running and cals. That's the last shit I need to be doing.

Lately I've just been throwing myself at my toes and holding on for dear life until they say stop. Pain.

MidWestEwo

None
What is really retarded is that if they fail you for not being able to touch your toes, they put you on remedial PT. And what do you do in remedial PT? Running and cals. That's the last shit I need to be doing.

Lately I've just been throwing myself at my toes and holding on for dear life until they say stop. Pain.

LoL. It isn't that hard for me to do, it is just fairly uncomfortable.

sciguy

Pro-Rec Supply

Are you allowed to keep your knees a little bent while you reach for your toes and then straighten them out or do you need to keep them straight through the entire stretch? I hate touching my toes, I am just not that flexible.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
I don't even think I did the sit and reach on my last PRT. But boy do I hate touching my toes. I've never been flexible like that.

Viashino684

Final Select SNA
I don't even think I did the sit and reach on my last PRT. But boy do I hate touching my toes. I've never been flexible like that.

I mean they didn't have me try to reach 500 ft past my toes, just a simple touch and go. The guy who watched over me said if i cant even touch my toes i might as well pack up and go stretch until i was able to.

I guess I can see where they could use inflexibility as an injury prone reason to DQ someone. But then again too flexible and joints/tendons would eventually be arthritic(sp?) at a younger age.

Who knows, maybe once those of us in the process of going to OCS will look forward to sit and reach, consuming precious time where we could be doing an extra 20 push ups.