• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Left-handed sig?

Lawman

None
I'm still trying to figure out how to carry one in my pants.

shotgunpump10in12ga3shellgmanace.png

Just wear something "baggy" and tell people your happy to see them.

pdx

HSM Pilot
Of real world shootings...
It's not a cut and dry debate like some people say...

I hope you don't have the impression that I think the debate is cut and dried or that I don't read about real world shootings. The 9mm results seem more confusing and more debatable.

I have a .45, a .40, a 9mm, a .357 magnum, etc etc etc. My 9mm is STILL my go-to gun. Why? I can shoot the most accurate, I can control it the best, I can fire it the fastest accurately, and I have confidence in the ammunition that I use.

THIS I believe. My .45 fits my hand like a glove and I am more accurate with it than any other. Maybe if I practiced with a 9 ...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I hope you don't have the impression that I think the debate is cut and dried or that I don't read about real world shootings. The 9mm results seem more confusing and more debatable.

No, you seem knowledgeable, I'm just trying to dispel the bad gouge on 9mm.

Nothing debateable that I've read. I steer clear of reading anything that is more "emotional"... i.e. maybe the writer has an axe to grind on one ammo vs another. Any mentioned of .45 "knocking a man down" and I'm done reading. Unfortunately, I've read stuff from "experts" that say that...

THIS I believe. My .45 fits my hand like a glove and I am more accurate with it than any other. Maybe if I practiced with a 9 ...

If your .45 is that way, then stick with it. I'd trust .45 with my life as much as I trust 9mm... in the right pistol and with the right ammo :)

Of course, 12 gauge and 5.56x45mm is better ;)

pdx

HSM Pilot
Any mentioned of .45 "knocking a man down" and I'm done reading. Unfortunately, I've read stuff from "experts" that say that...

You mean a 0.5 ounce bullet can't do that? Don't you remember Die Hard? *sarcasm alert*.

Well, I'm going to sleep now, but thanks for the good info.

HarveyBirdman

Okay, So whats the Speed of Dark?
A Commander told me the .45 was heavy and slow.. (I wouldnt know)
He said the 1911 was a Smooth gun.. is this true?

Whats the Ultimate officer pistol?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A Commander told me the .45 was heavy and slow.. (I wouldnt know)

The .45ACP falls into the "heavy and slow" bullet category. 9mm tends to be "light and fast". It's all relative. .40 tends to be "sorta heavy and sorta fast".

Real simple... there are generall two camps... those that like light and fast and those that like heavy and slow. There are pros and cons to both.

He said the 1911 was a Smooth gun.. is this true?

Depends what he means by it... if it's smooth to operate... yes a well made 1911 is a very smooth functioning pistol.

Whats the Ultimate officer pistol?

The one you can shoot the best with... every time.

HarveyBirdman

Okay, So whats the Speed of Dark?
Colt.38 super..
38Super_O2071ELC2.jpg

"The .38 Super was introduced in 1929 in the famous Colt Government Model 1911 auto pistol. At the time of its introduction the .38 Super was the most powerful auto pistol cartridge in the world. Colt is the only major American gun maker who has produced .38 Super pistols. The .38 Super is one of the most powerful and flat-shooting cartridges available for auto-loading pistols."

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ahh, yes a 1911 chambered in .38 Super. The .38 Super is a neat cartridge, used extensively in competition. Many European countries like it too because in many Euro countries, you can not own a firearm chambered in a military cartridge.