• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

LDO help

Robert Washington

Hello all!

I'm eligible to take the Chief exam next year (January 2017) for the 681X Information Warefare Limited Duty Officer (LDO) program.

My question for the thread: what can I do to boost my LDO package for next year? Here are my stats:

I'm a CTR1 that's been in for seven years, stationed at NIOC-CO, triple Warfare qualified (IW/NAC/AW), I just made First Class in the Fall cycle 2015(E6 in six years; I'm requesting to take the exam early), I have my Bachelors Degree in International Studies (2.64 gpa), I'm the crew lead of 20+ joint service personnel, mentored two Soldier of the Year winners, One Blue Jacket of the Quarter winner, currently working on my Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education course I, EIW Test Proctor Manager for 300+ joint service personnel, and a handful of other collateral duties under my belt.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

V/r,

CTR1 Robert Washington

Robert Washington

That might be one of your weaknesses. LDO's are "Technical Managers" who have to be experts in all facets of their respective technical specialty - including deployed, or "sea" time. Good luck to you . . . . .

Thank you. Is there anything I could do to make up for that? Does Aircrew deployments not count?

robav8r

None
Contributor
Thank you. Is there anything I could do to make up for that? Does Aircrew deployments not count?
Sounds like you have done quite a bit in your first seven years in the Navy. Keep stroking, you'll reach your goal as long as you don't give up !!!

stewarjr

Hello all!

I'm eligible to take the Chief exam next year (January 2017) for the 681X Information Warefare Limited Duty Officer (LDO) program.

My question for the thread: what can I do to boost my LDO package for next year? Here are my stats:

I'm a CTR1 that's been in for seven years, stationed at NIOC-CO, triple Warfare qualified (IW/NAC/AW), I just made First Class in the Fall cycle 2015(E6 in six years; I'm requesting to take the exam early), I have my Bachelors Degree in International Studies (2.64 gpa), I'm the crew lead of 20+ joint service personnel, mentored two Soldier of the Year winners, One Blue Jacket of the Quarter winner, currently working on my Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education course I, EIW Test Proctor Manager for 300+ joint service personnel, and a handful of other collateral duties under my belt.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

V/r,

CTR1 Robert Washington
Hey whats going on. If you navigate to the NPC website > boards > administrative > LDO/CWO > current and past boards > FY-17 board quotas (yes quotas)
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/boards/administrative/ldo_cwo/Pages/PreviousLDOCWOBoard.aspx

Scroll down to your designator it will outline everything the board is going to look for. I scanned it and read your post and you seem on track. The only advice I can give is qualify in the senior watch position at your command. Anything other questions just ask.

V/R
EMO / 6180

Phong

From Supply Corp LDO view, its not easy to be selected for LDO. In most case, LDO selectee are E7+ . I was going to apply for LDO (E6). All my interviewers told me to apply for OCS. I got selected on my third application, OCS supply. Good luck to you.

exNavyOffRec

From Supply Corp LDO view, its not easy to be selected for LDO. In most case, LDO selectee are E7+ . I was going to apply for LDO (E6). All my interviewers told me to apply for OCS. I got selected on my third application, OCS supply. Good luck to you.

Many times people have said it is hard to get picked up LDO, but they often just look at the number selected, not the selection percentage. When it comes to IWC for OCS it tends to hover around 10% sometimes higher, sometimes lower, then when you look at the individual designators you get more info that shows Intel is much lower. So a person going for LDO in the IWC needs to look up the selection rate. The same goes for Supply LDO or any other LDO program, one thing that makes LDO not attractive for E-7 or above is the 10 years you have to do in order to retire as an officer, at least half of the CPO's I know that went LDO said they would not do it again they would stay in the CPO ranks or gone CWO.

Supply OCS rates have varied as well, for a while the average was about 10% but for a few years it was 3-5%