• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ldo amdo

C-40CC

TRASH HAULER FOR LIFE!
As an E-5, I applied for OCS a year and 1/2 ago and was turned down. I took the wind out of my sails so to speak because I thought that I might have had something over the others coming in off the street. I was surely mistaken. But I got over myself and made first class and I am interested in the LDO program as well as re applying for OCS. The problem lies with finding LDOs for an interview. I am currently based at NAF Washington/Andrews AFB. Are there any in the region that I may contact for an interview?

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
You might want to try giving PAX River a call, but they have mostly civilians there...I think that your best bet would be to get in touch with ANY squadron based out of Naval Station Norfolk (C-2/E-2, helos) or Oceana (pointy nose types). Norfolk is only about 3-3.5 hours from DC, so it would be easy for you to make the trip down to meet with them.

I know that my former LPO is now an LDO with VRC-40...(out of Norfolk)

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Try to find someone at AIMD or FRC PAX River/Oceana. There will be some AMDO's there.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
Try again for OCS. I got passed over for ECP and AECP. I then went went out and got my degree on my own. I was getting out and dropped my OCS package to have something to fall back on. I got picked up for Pilot and decided to stay in.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You might want to try giving PAX River a call, but they have mostly civilians there...

First off. NAVAIRSYSCOM is at NAS Patuxent River and is chockful of AMDOs, many of which are fairly senior LDO AMDOs especially in Support Equipment related PMA organization. There are also several Test Squadrons at Pax and Reserve Squadrons where you work. The mother lode with greater concentration of senior LDO AMDOs per square inch is in OPNAV N88, which is less than half hour from where you work. Send me a PM if you need help penetrating any of those organizations to find what you are seeking.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
I took the wind out of my sails so to speak because I thought that I might have had something over the others coming in off the street.

Although this is true, keep in mind, you're not necessarily competing against off-the-street applicants so much as you're competing against other sailors with a background similar to yours. The AMDO community is practically all prior enlisted. When you come across someone who isn't prior enlisted, it's a bit of an anomaly.