• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lazy Air Force flyboys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
More proof that Air Force pilots have it too easy:

Pilots Slept in Wal-Mart Lawn Chairs During B-2 Runs Into Kosovo

Jane's International Defense Review is disclosing a national defense secret: One unexpected addition to the most expensive ($1,000,000,008.88 each) bomber in the world -- the B-2 Spirit stealth bomber -- is an $8.88 lawn chair from Wal-Mart. The chair "fits into the space behind the seats (in the cockpit) and raises the pilot clear of vibration from the floor," says their investigative reporter, Bill Sweetman.
The flights, which were the first tactical bombing runs ever conducted from US soil (Whiteman AFB), took as long as 30 hours per sortie

Phoenix

You call that lazy?
That´s ingenious! You try to fly a 30-hour sortie. I went to France last week with a car. After 8 hours of driving at 120 mph with stopping only for gas (at least I could stand up for a couple of minutes, the pilots couldn´t ), I was dead beat and my knees hurt like hell. Try that on for size! And it took almost 4 times less time than those sorties.

OracleMSU

Civvy SNA Hopeful
I agree with Phoenix, even though I bleed Navy blood. I find it both amusing and fortunate that the AF boys use Walmart equipment to sleep or rest on (if it is true). At least they don't have Lockheed design them a 2 million dollar fold down Shiatzu massaging bed or some crap like that. :)

Fly Navy!

-----OracleMSU----------
"Give me ambiguity or give me something else."

Tripp

I can't wait to see the commercial...

B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber-- $1.3 billion

Assorted bombs and munitions-- $15 million

Lawn Chair: $9

That extra hour of sleep: Priceless...

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's MasterCard. The official card of the United States Air Force and those who believe you just need to blow something up to restore peace...

Phoenix

Laughing out loud Tripp. Laughing out loud :). Altough I thought that a B-2 cost 2 billion, not 1.3 billion. Also, I would appreciate if you could correct my English when I go wrong :).

DEATH FROM ABOVE!

Tripp

quote:
Great Post Tripp! My supervisor had to come to my cube to shut me up! I'm still laughing....

Always Check Six!

Shawn Quarandillo (AKA Q)

Bet your boss was happy to see you goofing off...now get back to work!

"If at first you don't succeed, well, so much for skydiving."

Status
Not open for further replies.